Chapter Three: I Knew You Were Trouble

Dedicated to @BloomInTheMoonlight for her amazing suppot! And for being an awesome best friend! Hope you continue reading, commenting and voting!

Vote

Chapter Three

I Knew You Were Trouble

(Maahirah Furqaan)

"I'm fine, Mom." I say for the tenth time.

"Do you really want to go today school?"Mom runs her hand through her red, fiery curly hair.

"Honestly, Mom for the eleventh time-yes I want to go,"

"I'm sorry, honey. I'm just worried - you know!" She laughs nervously.

I get up from my chair and walk towards mom. Bending on my knees, I crouch down in front of her. Placing my hands on her lap, I say."Mom, I'm perfect and besides I can't miss a single day from school....it won't ease my troubles. I've to face them. But, I highly doubt that I'm in any kind of trouble however, you worrying too much makes me think that I'm in some kind of mess." I raise my head and give her a cheeky grin.

She grabs my face and kisses me on the forehead and after that, she flicks me on my nose.

"Ouch! What was that for?"

"Hurry up or you will be late for school." She smirks.

God.

I get up and pick up my backpack."Mom, no work?"

"Today is my day-off," She squeals, like a teenager and let me add she claps her hands too.

I resist the urge to roll my eyes."Allah Hafiz, mom. Take great, great care."

"Yeah! Yeah! Allah Hafiz." She literary pushes me out of the house and with a slight wave slams the door shut on my face. Wow! Rolling my eyes, I get in my Mazda which was parked in the driveway. Starting the engine, I adjust the rear-mirror. Buckling my seat-belt, I smear lip-gloss on my lips and with 'Bismallah' I reverse the car.

Mom was actually worried about yesterday's fire-incident. Though there is nothing to be worried about but mom is mom. Till now, I didn't know who ignited the fire and why. Nevertheless, I didn't think about it at all. If anybody wants to make a confession then he/ she - is welcomed to do in about five days.

After about ten minutes, I park my car in the school lot. After the engine died, I get down and as soon as I shut the door, my mobile in my bac pocket vibrates.

I pull it out and leaning against the car's door; I read the new text.

"If u still dont feel lyk goin' school-home awaits :))))

-Mom"

I groan.

"Chill, mom! I'm f9!-_-" After replying her, I snap my mobile shut and place it in the deepest corner of my bag. Taking a big sigh, I make my way in the school campus. Just as I enter, Chace immediately jumps by my side.

"Hey," He smiles.

"Hey! Good to see you early today,"I smirk.

"Should I be offended?" He pouts.

"No, ummm not really."

"God, can you praise me at least." He leans against the locker while I fumble around for my Chemistry book.