[FS] CHAPTER FIVE: Sisters Bonding & A Phone Call

Chapter Five

Sisters Bonding & A Phone Call

(Maahirah Furqaan)

                               16th January.

'I never knew how much I have been missing him, until I hear his voice on the other end of the line. -Maahirah. '

When my eyes sneak open, it falls directly on the window, witnessing, the world outside....which is dark, and gloomy as if the sky is finally weeping out it's distraught on people. Like, if it is showing its hatred for the people. Contrary to that, today I'm burning with felicity. The sky contradicts with my mood.

They say whatever is descended down from the sky is a blessing, and I completely and utterly agree with it. For instance, rain today.

I always love to wake up to the sound of rain clashing against my window. The loud cackling of clouds followed by thunder, make me snuggle back in my bed. I take a deep breath, inhaling the smell of the rain.

Just as my eyes droop, my bedroom door is swung open, allowing Neez's shrill, loud voice echo. "School is cancelled. SCHOOL IS CANCELLED!!! SCHOOL IS CANCELLED!! MAAHIRAH!!!" She jumps on my extra bouncy bed, screeching this happy chant.

She grabs my hand, and pulls me up to a sitting position. "MAAHIRRAAAHHH!!"

I laugh at her contagious happiness. "Really?"

"YES. YES. MOMMY SAW ON THE TV."

"Yaay." I engulf her in a hug, throwing her under me, I start tickling her. "School is out. Let's have fun."

She giggles. Her laugh is like as if she is breathing between her laughs. So childish, so carefree. So full of life.

"MAAHIRAH. STOP.....STOP....!!"

"Okaaay." I wink at her. She sits on the bed, and scowls at me.

"You ruined my hair."

"Oh really?" I ask, amused.

"Yes," She puffs up her amber curly hair.

I stare at her. When did she grow up? Where was I? I close my eyes as my conscience starts barking questioning in my mind.

"Maahirah, I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you sad." She says, falling next to me.

"I'm not sad, dear. I was thinking about you."

"About me?" She lays on her stomach, and puts her chin under palms.

"Yes..that my baby's birthday is coming up."

At this, she squeals. "Yes. Yes! It is next week."

"Yep, darling." I kiss her rosy red cheeks.

"You will be there. Mommy and daddy and my friends. We will have so much fun. I will be 7 years old. I'm getting big, Maahirah."