Chapter Twelve: Darren Anderson

{Dedicated to @quruxley for being an awesome person and sister!;) And, of course, for your support!!! < 3}

x_________________x

Chapter Twelve

Darren Anderson

(Maahirah Furqaan)

Monday morning arrives. With a lot of will power, I push myself off my bed. Schools should start at afternoon every Monday. Whoever made this rule, should have had thought it thoroughly. What a punk he was!

After a long, warm and relaxing shower, I get ready for school. Yawning, I grab my backpack and my folder off the desk. Turning off the lights, I exit my room.

Downstairs it is an eerie silence. Everyone is sleeping. Dad has three days weekend.  Not fair, right? Mom's shift is in the evening which means she's responsible for picking and dropping Neez at school.

I place my backpack on the dining table, and make myself coffee. Coffee would help me to get through today's day. I can tell it's going to be one of those days in which I should have had preferred to stay at home.

When I'm halfway through my coffee, Mom enters the kitchen; wearing trousers and a loose shirt with headscarf. I examine Mom from her head to toe, and with a questioning look, I beckon at Mom.

She shrugs."I'll just have to put on abaya now!" She starts making her tea. According to her, there will be no morning without a cup of tea.

I jump up on my feet as soon as Mom sits. She stares at me, startled. I smile.

"I'm running late, Mom!" I sling my backpack over my shoulder, and drop a hasty kiss on her cheeks. "I'll see you InShaaAllah after school!"

Mom nods. "Salaam!"

"Walaikom As'saalam!" I shout as I put on my trainers and race out of the house. Behind me, I know Mom is shaking her head in disbelief, praying that I'll grow up,

****************

When I swerve my car to the right to enter the school parking lot, I'm surprised to find that a whole load of people clustered around the school entrance. No doubt, it is the media. They are here for Aayan. I roll my eyes.

How the hell am I suppose to get in? I can't go through them! No way! I park my car next to Sonata. This car looks utterly familiar. Killing the engine, I glance at my watch; ten minutes to eight. Hmm, I can wait here till the first bell. Or I can go through that tramp, and grind myself under their huge legs and get killed!

Option A sounds  promising and safe. I drum my fingers against the steering wheel trying to get the time kill and not me. My cellphone starts ringing. Aayan flashes across the screen. Frowning, I answer it. "Hey!"

"Look, we're stuck in the car next to you!" He says.

I tilt my head to the parked Sonata, but I can't see anything because the mirrors are black." Who's we?"

"Chace, Ellie and I!"

Oh, now it makes sense. That's Ellie's car."Well, you go talk to them and ask them to leave the school's ground!"

"No, I'm not talking to them!" He states. I imagine him pouting.

"Well, its your fault they are here!! Shoo, them away!"

"Oh, Oww!" I hear shuffling and then his shout. "Ellie!"

"Shut up, Maahirah!" She speaks up.

Traitor, he put the phone on speaker!