[FS]: Chapter Twelve: Worth A Thousand Years

{Dedicated to @Witteewat for all the lovely comments, votes and love and support. Much Love For You, Beautiful <3}

                                                                   ~~READ THE AUTHOR NOTE IN THE END~~

                                                                                                            ENJOY

                                                                         ..................................

                                                                                Chapter Twelve

                                                                            Worth A Thousand Years

                                                                                  (Aayan Aslam)

Later that night, when the party ends with me and Darren on a time out by none other than my wife, the guests (or her friends leaving) with Darren's threat to 'Keep her safe and protected.' (Which by the way, made me growl at him for being protective over someone that is solely and legally MINE!!), she and I are ready to leave too.

I lean against the car, the engine purring behind me, and watch as Maahirah under the porch light bids farewell to her step-mother, who hugs her tightly. Her huge eyes suddenly become teary. I awkwardly hold the duffel bag in front of me and scratch my neck.

"Mom, I'll be back in a week. You pray that all will be right." I hear Maahirah say.

"InShaaAllah, darling." She sniffs.

When Maahirah pulls away from her, a look towards her father, sets her tears rolling down. Usman holds her gently, and kisses her head, whispering words in her ears.

"Take care, Dad." She pulls away.

"Be careful, you two." He nods at me. I straighten up, nodding back at him.

"Give Neez hug and a kiss, Mom." She wraps her hand around the scarf end as the wind plays with the tussles of it.

And with this, she glances at me, motioning for me to get in the car.

I throw the bag in the backseat, and open the passenger door for her. She sits slowly and I shut the door.

I give a tight lipped smile to her parents. "Goodbye Sir and Ma'am."

"Take care, son." Her father thumps me on the back.

When I'm on the wheel, Maahirah presses her cheeks to the window to wave at her family. The black tinted glass doesn't allow the outsiders to see in and yet they waved back like they know exactly what she's doing.

I reverse the car, and switch the gearstick to the third gear, speeding away. Maahirah mutters a curse (most probably directed at me.) as her back hits the seat with a thump. She quickly buckles the belt and folds her arms across her body.

Fifteen minutes later, when we've hit the highway, I expect her to say something but she doesn't. She is sitting the same way like a statue. Her brows flushed together, and her lips pouting. She is staring at the windshield with such an intensity that makes me wonder why hasn't the glass cracked yet?