Chapter Four: A Different Side

Dedicateded to @zammy1994 for her awesome support!!:D Hope you continue to read, vote and comment!!:)

Vote

Chapter Four

A Different Side

(Maahirah Furqaan)

I'm running across the wood; it is thick with tall, green, huge trees of different species. I don't even recognize them. My hands waving in front of me-removing any branch, web or anything that comes in my way. I come to sudden halt. The path is divided into two parts. I look at the left path and then at the right; utterly confused. I've no idea to turn which way.

"Hey!!" A hoarse voice of a man somewhere behind me shouts.

All of the parts of my body react to that voice, and involuntarily my legs turn right and start running. My heart is pounding - harder and harder. It feels like that it might fall on the ground at any minute. The adrenaline all around my body is kicking in. But, my hormones are slowing now-my gland is producing low hormone now which causes my pace to become slow. I stop. Cupping my hands on my knees I bend a little-to catch my breath. After few seconds, I push my sneakers harder on the ground and lurch my body forward. I've to go on and I can't give up; not this easily at least. I can feel their footsteps thundering behind me and the horrible truth is that they will catch up to me-not now, but soon.

It's dark, really dark but the only thing that shines are stars; somehow I wish that they weren't there either then I could have had hide myself somewhere where they can't find me. I envy them; despicably.

Suddenly, my left foot gets tangled up to something and I fall on the ground. My knee scarps up against tiny pieces of glass and, I wince in pain. Before, I can get up; they surround me, pointing their guns at me. I can't see their faces, nothing at all and one of them fires at me; right at the left side of my chest-at the heart. I scream; clear and loud.

As soon as I scream, they vanish. I touch my hand at my heart and I still can hear the beats. They did shot me at the heart; but there is no blood-nothing at all. I wasn't hurt. Stumbling on my feet, I look here and there; frantically. I've no idea where I'm. I walk few kilometers; when I see a body, sprawled on the ground, blood itching from every corner of it. I peer a little closer to look at the body, when its eyes open and chocolate brown eyes stare back at me-at that point I scream, again.

My eyes flow open and I grab the material of my sheet. I push myself to sit up straight and I look around my surrounding. The light is way too bright for my eyes to adjust. My breaths are uneven and fast. I'm sweating feverishly from top to bottom. Finally, my eyes register to the lights and I realize I'm still in my room and my heart is beating very loud which means I'm alive. The tube lights of my room are on which means I slept during the process of completing my homework and sure enough, my books laid open and my pen on the tiled floor. My eyes flow up to the wall clock; five thirty in the morning.

I grab the water bottle with my trembling hand and gulp it down. Nightmares. Every night. In some nightmares they are asking for a thing something called 'The Light'. In some they are asking for 'The Chip'. In some I hear the wails of my 'Deceased Mother'. And, in some they kill me; by shooting me with a gun or by stabbing my heart with a knife or by pushing me off the cliff and into the deep valley. And, in some I'm fighting; recklessly and they do die; the dark faced people. But, in a nut shell...these nightmares are bothering me for a year now and I didn't tell anyone. No-one. And, I'm intending to keep it with me.