[FS] Chapter Three: More Untold Stories

'{DEDICATED TO YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE THE LIKE BESTEST PEOPLE I HAVE COME ACROSS ON WATTPAD. YOU WERE ACTUALLY THE FIRST PERSON I FOUND TO BE FAN OF DIVERGENT. AND I'M IN LOVE WITH SEBASTIAN AND HAMSA AND YAHYA AND LAMEES AND ZAYN. FOR THOSE OF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT READ HER BOOK 'THE GIRL IN GREEN SCARF'  YOU GUYS WILL LOVE IT. LOVE YOU, MISS PEARL!! <3 }

The strongest have the right to breakdown sometimes.'- Me

CHAPTER THREE

More Untold Stories

(Maahirah Furqaan)

10th January.

I trudge downstairs, balancing my backpack, sneakers, jacket and cellphone in my hand. As soon as I jump the last stairs, I dump my shoes down and throw my cellphone in my bag. I drag myself to kitchen then. Placing my bag on the table, I shrug on my jacket and then, I walk over to the sink to wash my hands. Grabbing my sandwich and coffee in Styrofoam cup, I sling my backpack on my shoulder, and I'm out of the house, with the car keys jingling in my hand.

Dad is shovelling the driveway. I watch in amusement for we minutes, as he brings his shovel forward pick up the snow and then toss it to the side, to our little patch of garden. You see, shovelling is my chore and not Dad's cup of tea. It must have had snowed last night because as far my memory recalls, I remember no blizzard.

"Hey Dad." I say.

He jumps, a foot in the air. "Maahirah."

Ah, my old man.

"Oh Dad. Give me this." I chuckle. I shove my sandwich and coffee in his surprised hands as I snatch the shovel. Even though, I hate doing this every time -- no, wait scratch that -- I hated doing this. Whenever I used to do this, I would grumble the entire time, and yet, here I'm finding a solace and comfort in this hideous task.

"Mom and Neez left?" I ask him after five minutes of silence.

"Yeah, and I should leave too." He replies.

I nod, hurrying up with the shovelling. Dad has done most of it and I only did like 25% of it, but it is enough for our cars to pass. Mom never parks in the driveway according to her, it makes her late. Dad and I park our cars in the driveway, like proper civil humans. I snicker internally.

I fling the shovel to the side and take my breakfast from Dad. "Thank you, Daddy." I drop a kiss on his cheek, and I can almost hear him exhale with relief? With happiness? I don't know.

I get into my old beat up car, and immediately turn on the heater. Dad walks up to the porch and waves me off, and goes back inside to probably retrieve his car keys and to make sure everything in the house is right and to lock the doors.

Yeah, my Dad is paranoid when it comes to locking up the house.

I back out of the driveway, and just as my car slides off from it and Dad exits the house and quickly locks the door, glancing at his watch. Muttering something, he walks up to his car almost as if I'm not even there.

Shaking my head, I turn the wheel to the right and pressing the accelerator, I speed away.

My heart gnaws the intercoastal muscles of my ribs that is how fast it's beating. The grip on the wheel is increased like I'm a new driver and I'm gripping the wheel like my life dependent on it. Here is a thing: Mom and Dad are terrified around me.