Preview Of Chapter Sixteen

(Dedicated to @HafsaAdil99 for simply being so adorable and so cute!:) <3 And this is Eid gift for you guys; my beautiful readers and to my best friend @BloomInTheMoonlight who's spending her Eid at one of the greatest and hottest place of the world)

Please vote and comment!

x_________________x

Chapter Sixteen (short preview)

Biology, is the period. We're suppose to do group study/discussion today. And, if Aayan doesn't show up today either I'll have to find a new partner. Or make a three student group with someone.

After we get our Biology book from the lockers, we make our to biology class.

"Do you know why Aayan's not coming to school?" Ellie asks me.

"Nay," I shake my head.

"I hope everything is okay!" She says.

I nod as we enter Biology class. When my eyes flicker towards my desk, a wave of disappoint passes through me. Aayan isn't present today either. I  make my way towards my desk, and with a great deal of grudge I sit on my seat.

Why isn't he present today again? And, most of all why do I feel deep emotions due to his absence? Because you're his friend. You care about him. That might be a reason, maybe. I'm not sure.

……………………………

"So, where were you the last two days?" I ask him once when I finish the pop quiz.

I see shade of different answers crossing his eyes. Conflicts simmering in his eyes. He opens his mouth, and then shakes his head. I know he has having an internal battle with himself, he's contemplating his answer. Few minutes later, he replies." My mother is....sick!"

"What?" I stop the movement of my finger around the desk.

"She's sick,"

Now, I feel sick. Last night,……………………

……………………………………

And, in those three seconds, I try to stand up, but I couldn't on time because Ihtesham finally looks at me - sprawled on the ground. I blush as I stand on my feet or shoes.

His laugh meets my ear and the more he laughs the more bashful I feel.

"How - the - hell - did - you - end - on - the - ground?" He laughs after every word that leaves his mouth, and his sandy brown eyes twinkle with amusement.

"Hmm, maybe your sudden arrival made me cringe and I ended up on the ground!" I smile.

He shakes his head." You're something Maahirah Furqaan!"

"Aw, thank you! But all joking aside, you're h………”

……………………………

Before I can comprehend my thoughts, her door flings open, I take a step back. Her grey big eyes widen in surprise as she stares at me. Her mouth forms an 'O'. I don't know what clicks in me but I find myself slinging my arms around her shoulders.

She hesitates, however, she hugs me back. We stay in this embrace for few minutes, before I pull apart, and push her lightly, back in the room - closing the door behind me.

"Maahirah!" That's the first word that escapes her mouth. I don't reply to her as I take in her room. It's the same. Everything pink. Her walls a creamy white kind. A dark pink, plushy carpet is spread on the floor. The sheet of her bed is pink with a hot pink duvet. Her closet baby pink. The walls of her room are empty and barren.

I turn to finally look at her, and speak quite loudly and I directly get to the point.”So…”

…………………………………………………….

Assalmu Alaiykum!:)

This is just a short preview. No biggie!:)

And, you guys guessed it correctly in the last chapter. I thought it would be bit a difficult for you guys to figure it out if I had omitted the word ‘blessings’ in them, but I gave it shot!:)

EID MUBARAK TO ALL OF YOU WHETHER YOU’RE CELEBERATING TODAY OR TOMORROW OR DAY AFTER TOMORROW!:) EAT LOADS OF SWEETS!:)

Let’s see how my Eid will go with my mother gone and grandfather death!:/

Pray for all the people suffering around the world. We can do nothing but pray for them!

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND PROMOTE!:)

 -MidnightWhisperer

Next update Friday!:) BECAUSE MY MOMMY IS COMING INSHAAALLAH ON THURSDAY!! #SoExcited