[FS]: Chapter Seventeen: Towards & Onward

<<I'll add dedications when the book will end! :D >>

Chapter Seventeen

Towards & Onward

(Maahirah Furqaan)

23rd January.

When I woke up today and decided to ditch school I wasn't expecting visitors but a complete rest and relaxation. I also wasn't expecting for the house to be a chaos when I emerge out of the washroom with Aayan's arm around my shoulders.

I'm shocked to see, Aaron with a black plastic bag running around the kitchen with Ian throwing in edible items in that bag. Fakhir is pacing around the lounge with a phone pressed to his ear. Jarred simply stares at us. Iris has been sent away apparently.

"What's going on?" Aayan voices out.

"Relocation." Jarred answers just then Destiny and Fadiya heave down the stairs with two backpacks. Fadiya tosses a backpack to me.

I almost recoil back with the force and the weight. "What is inside this?"

"Your necessities and stuff." She says.

"Where am I go?" I frown.

"You'll know." She pats my cheeks. "Listen up everybody. Please take a seat. We need to talk. Jarred listening bugs or any kind of devices were detected?"

"Nope," He scratches his head. "Sebastian was really here to just pay a visit? Something isn't adding up."

"Yes, something is terribly wrong and will go downhill soon." Aayan nods along with him.

When everyone is seated on the couch, Fakhir looks at Fadiya and takes a deep breath. "Maahirah what I'll say right now to you will not make sense at all. In fact, nothing will make sense anymore because we've reached an end, an ultimatum. It's time you get this that you're no more safe here as you were before this we all know but you.

What Sebastian did today is something we cannot simply overlook; we've to take actions.He wasn't merely here to pay you visit as Jarred said but there again is a motive which I cannot think of any right now. However, it's important you understand this that you've to come with us. We're not going to Elton headquarters but we're planning something else. Something big. Your parents and sister need to be relocated to London which is safe for them right now and it's far."

I gasp. "London, but....."

"Maahirah, Sebastian and his troops can use them as a bait to get you. For all we know, if you're with us, he might bomb your house and you'll never know. Your parents are holding you back from leaving which is putting them and you in a spotlight to be killed." Fadiya pauses. "Also, the prophecy we were talking about months ago it was about you and now we came to think of Aayan."

At this Aayan looks up and locks his wide eyes with Fadiya.

"Yes, Aayan, you two are supposed to find certain clues which we're trying to figure out. It's not like we know anything. We're there though. Slowly but strongly." Fadiya mumbles.

"We've booked your family tickets and a stay for about 6 months. They leave tonight and we after them." Fakhir says punctuating the end of the discussion.

****************

I don't ask anyone much after that. I wait and dread the time when Mom and Dad will enter the house and will have to face their packed luggage and tearful goodbyes. They won't be allowed to sit or eat something before they will be rushed off by an Uber to the airport.