Chapter One: Hustle and Bustle

Vote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Then proceed to read

****************************************

Chapter One

Hustle and Bustle

(Maahirah Furqaan)

"Maahirah," My best friend, Fadiya calls out.

"Mhmm,"

I look at the cloud of papers and stack of books inside my locker and pull out my schedule. Hugging it close to my chest, I sigh. I left it in the locker yesterday and I wasn't at all expecting it to be in there....safe and sound.

"Chemistry. Biology. English Lit. Physiology. Lunch Break. Calculus. Drama and PT," I mumble reading my schedule.

As I'm about to pull my Chemistry book out someone slaps my arms and I yelp with pain. "Fadiya, what was that for?"

"I was talking and you weren't listening, Miss. Nerd." She scowls. Stomping her feet angrily, she walks few feet away from me to her locker.

Biting my lips, I pull my 'Waiting Chemistry' book out and slam my locker shut. Strolling towards my best friend, I say,"Look, I'm really, really sorry. Are you mad at me?"

She is rummaging through the locker and then glares at me and frowns, "Who are you? Do I know you?"

I gulp."Yep, you definitely are very angry."

She pulls out her mirror and adjusts her hijab (head-scarf). She takes her chemistry book out and finally looks at me, "No, I'm not mad at you but I'm absolutely not gonna repeat what I was talking about,"

I hug her."No problem! When time will come you definitely will tell me,"

She laughs."Yeah,sure! I'm good like that!"

Winters Academy is a typical high school with typical teens. It's beautiful, no doubt and one of the best schools in the state. We don't have uniforms as this is our last year in high school so being senior we are uniform-free. The juniors have to wear uniform. Ha, poor them.

"By the way, did you hear a word I was talking to you back there?" Fads asks me.

I shake my head."No'"

'You're hopeless!"

I laugh as we enter Chemistry class. The bell rings indicating the beginning of high school. Ya Allah, hope it goes awesome.

*************************************

Chemistry isn't one of my favourite classes not because I hate this subject it's because I really need to concentrate on the lectures but unfortunately for me, my mind always drifts off to different places.

We were studying about some theory and only 90% of it was clear. The rest ten percent will be cleared by; searching on the Google or by re-reading the chapter again.

Anyways, now I'm in Biology class and it's so boring right now because our teacher Mr.Brackson is desperately trying to group thirteen of us in a 'pair'. Yes, a 'pair' as in two persons per group. Some of the students tried to explain him that it is impossible but he just won't listen or chose to ignore snotty remarks - which were coming right now by the way. The students take the opportunity to gossip around and make as much as noise possible. I'm sitting alone on the desk because I need a hundred percent concentration in Bio class.