[FS]: Chapter Sixteen: Behind Closed Door

<<<<< I avoid updating new chapters but I have only Ramadan off and after that uni will start with its hectic routine. Then the updates will be once in a week. Sigh. You're free to come back and enjoy the chapters after Eid.>>>>

[[[Dedicated to @lostinthelight12 Haaapppy Birthday Love. Hope you have an amazing life ahead. May Allah keep you happy and blessed. ❤ #22June #EarlyPresentForYou]]]]

Chapter Sixteen

Behind Closed Door

(Aayan Aslam)

23rd January.

The next day, -- no, wait, scratch that -- four hours later, a very high on weeds kind of person bangs the door of my room with all their fours, I suppose because the pounding is too damn loud. I dig my head deeper into my pillow, waiting for the Miss Mental to dawdle away.

"Aayaaaaaan," She sings my name. How lame?

"Destiny, shut the hell up and go away."

"No, I won't, until YOU RISE AND SHINEEEEE!" She shouts literally through the door and it pierces right through my skull and maybe knocks some chunks of my brain out onto the floor (invisible, of course.)

I toss the blanket to the floor and  pull the door open to find her leaned against the door-frame, filing her nails.

"What the fu.....flippin' hell Destiny? Get away, I'm awake now."

"Well, thank God! Hurry up, Mr. Aslam you've got a school to attend." She straightens up and  veers in closer and tugs a strand of my hair. "You badly need a shower. Hurry. "

I slam the door shut on her face. I almost have an urge to call Mr. Brackson to show him some sense of what he had put me through by sending them (lunatics. No offense to Fakhir and Fadiya!) to live with me. I abandon the thought as my gaze falls on the time: 7:15 AM.

After shower I put on a (really annoying) disguise of a mustache and (really old) glasses and dress pants with a grey shirt and bow; I go downstairs. On my left to the living room, Ian is on the couch and Aaron is sprawled on the floor. Both of them, I may add are snoring.

To my right, Fadiya, Destiny, Fakhir and Jarred are hurdled around the table sipping their cups of coffee/tea. Fadiya is the first one to notice me.

She smiles and gets up from her chair. "Sit down, Aayan. I'll get you coffee." As she gets the mug, she says, "You need grocery shopping. There is not one edible stuff in your kitchen. The leftovers are rotten. Tea, coffee, snacks nothing. How do you even live? Destiny and I spend the entire night cleaning this house. Might I say, there were insects crawling around." She shudders.

I glance at Fakhir to find him looking at her with a sad, forlorn smile and I know exactly that second what is going on in his mind. Mum used to fuss just the same as her whenever she used to come at my place(s) during tours.

She sits down and pushes the mug towards me. "Here,"

"Aayan, you need to know few things," Fakhir, ever-the-serious-one begins.

I nod, sipping my tea.

"For starters we cannot call Maahirah-Maahirah over phone because there are chances that our calls are being traced."