Chapter Two: Mr.Popstar....?

Dedicated to @Innocentmuslim for her undying support! And for being an amazing best friend! Hope you continue reading, commenting and voting!

X_________________X

VOTE

Chapter Two

Mr. Posptar..?

(Maahirah Furqaan)

I creep downstairs even though I know everybody is awake except Vaneeza. I creep like a Ninja downstairs and into the kitchen. I see Mom dressed in her white coat drinking her coffee while Dad is staring at mom - chewing his bread as well as nodding his head. I can guess that they were engrossed in some deep conversation.

"Salaam," I greet as I sit next to mom. Mom jumps up and glares at me. I chuckle.

"Walaikom Aslam," Dad smiles."How are you?"

"I'm good," I grin as I dig into my already prepared cereal."You are gonna drop Vaneeza dad, right?"

Dad nods.

I eat my cereals slowly. Mom rises up from her chair, checking her wrist watch she gasps."I need to rush," She kisses my cheeks and peck's dad on his lips and scoots away. Dad and I laugh.

"Typical mom,"

After five minutes, I'm done with my cereal. Getting up from my chair, I gather up mom and dad's coffee cups and my cereal bowl and walk over to the sink. Washing the dishes, I dry my hands. Dad is busy reading the newspaper. He hasn't spoken a single word since mom left which can only mean one thing-Dad is in deep thoughts. I sigh."Dad?" He doesn't looks at me and continues his task of staring the newspaper.

"Dad?" I say a little louder this time.

He looks at me, abruptly."Yes?"

"Is everything okay?" I raise an eye-brow.

"Yes, it is!" He folds his newspaper and gets up from his chair and stretches his arms."Honey, your school starts in half an hour don't you think you should be leaving?"

I look at my watch and grumble. Great, I've exactly half an hour before school starts.

I slung my backpack over my shoulders, kiss dad on his cheeks and grabbing my cars keys I'm out.

*********************************************

"Hey," Christina greets me as I enter Biology class.

Wriggling my eye-brows, I answer."Hey to you too,"

"Umm....I was wondering could you tutor me in Bio every Mondays after school?"

I think for a second and then nod my head. She squeals and hugs me.

I sit on my usual desk and just as I'm about to open my Biology book, Mr.Brakson makes an entry. Immediately everybody stops talking and made their way to their respective desks.

"Good Morning, class!! I'm excited today," beams Mr.Brackson."But first the attendance."

I'm hundred percent sure that our teacher is about to assign us project work. Mind telling you that the marks obtained in this project will be added in our finals. Grrr! Why? Why does he have to be so cruel? Most of his assigned projects take me days to figure out the meaning of the title and weeks to research on it - scratch that, months to research on it. Yeah, months it takes.