[FS]: Chapter Eighteen: Captivated Again

<<<<<<<As we embark on the last few chapters, I know I have taken my time to upload this chapter and believe me, when I say this that, I have worked really, really hard on this chapter. Erasing and adding parts. I hope and pray you all like this twist of events that you will read below.

Also, I'm filled with gratitude towards each and every one of you who simply read this book, or voted and filled my notification with their comments and love.

I've written this chapter while on the ride back and forth from home to uni and uni to home and sometimes in between my study breaks. 😭🙅

Show your love.

Vote. Comment as much as you can. I love them and i reply to all of them. 🙏🙌

Follow. Promote.

Instagram: wardah_mk7

Anyone interested in my Snapchat  PM me!

Anyone interested in cover making can PM me!

Enjoy. ❤ >>>>>>>

'I lose myself when I think of you'.- Aayan Aslam.

Chapter Eighteen

Captivated Again.

(Maahirah Furqaan)

24th January.

As we continue our journey in the car with Aayan still on the wheel, I feel myself going numb with each passing second. For me, finding the truth isn't hard to accept but seeing and believing is something I always face difficulty with.

I pull my legs under me, and wrap my arms on my chest and put my head against the window. I try to make myself as small as I can to make me invisible.

Fadiya who is next to me has fallen asleep on Destiny's shoulder. Destiny has her eyes closed with earphones tugged in her ears.

Aaron, Jarred and Ian are probably dozing off too. There back faces me. Fakhir is busy on his phone in the passenger seat.

In this silence, I hear my heartbeat the loudest and my screams echo in my mind which fail to escape my throat. I want to cry but my tear glands have just gone dry.

In my mind, I see over and over my house exploding into pieces and each piece contains my childhood which I feel floating away into the air and I reach out to grasp each and every memory. I find myself as two year old, with a red crayon in my hand scribbling the walls of the lounge with my patterns. I see Mum rushing to me, picking me up in her arms and instead of scolding me, she is in awe at my drawing. Later, Mum and Dad push the couch to that wall, to cover my mess.

I think back to the time, when I decorated the house with banners when my stepmom came home after Vaneeza's birth. And, the time when she took her first step and how I ran around the entire house singing this that Neez is walking, walking, walking. I remember when we had our fights, and late nights hangouts in my room, movie nights, and the family dinners and events.