Chapter 3: It's Not a Date

Emma wakes up late since it's Saturday morning. She makes a cup of coffee and sits in her living room. Emma usually doesn't do anything on the weekends, she's always been kind of a loner and she's been pretty much okay with that. Now she finds herself wondering what she is going to wear today. Emma never wanted to be one of those girls but she couldn't stop thinking about Killian. As if he can read her thoughts, her phone lit up with a text.

Hey luv. jeans and that red leather jacket will be fine for today. Something you're not afraid to get dirty ;)

What are you expecting this afternoon Jones? You like the jacket?

Nothing Swan. And you have no idea how much I love that jacket

Emma smiles at her phone. She decides to take a shower and relax until 3 it's about 12 now.

Killian wakes up late and has sharp pains in his arm. It is expected since he got shot last night. He gets up and takes some painkillers. He washes up and gets dressed. He sends a quick text to Emma. Becca is coming over to be with her Uncle Killian while Rose is busy with the ice cream parlor. Killian thought it would be a good idea to have Becca here while Emma came by. It might make her feel comfortable......... or maybe really uncomfortable. It doesn't matter now, there is nothing he can do about it. Liam is helping clean up the bar, maybe Emma will want to help. Killian is completely doubting himself about this date thing. But then again Emma didn't really want a date. Killian was lost in his thoughts for a long time. Before he knew it, it was 2pm and Liam came to the bar with Becca.

"Killian!! We're here!" Liam yells

Killian comes down the steps

"How's the arm brother" Liam asks

"Well it hurts, but I'm too nervous to think about it"

"You're nervous"

"I asked Emma to come here at three"

"But we're working on the bar today"

"I know I just, she didn't want anything formal so I figured this would be good"

"You want her to see you with a three year old"

"Well yes actually, it'll show her I'm serious"

"You are that serious about her already. You're thinking of kids"

"Yes well no. I mean I just. I really like her and I don't want to screw it up"

"Well then I'll work in the back today. You can stay out here with Emma and Becca"

"So you're fine with me using your daughter"

"Well then I can get some work done without being interrupted by cuteness"

Liam tickles Becca and places her on the bar. He goes in the back to do stocks and some other paperwork. Killian plays with Becca until he hears the bar door open. Emma walks in wearing jeans and her red leather jacket.

"Well Emma you look lovely" Killian says

"Yes I wore the jacket." Emma says with a smirk

"Well I love it"

"Is this Becca" Emma asks

"Yep! We're cleaning up the bar today so I thought you'd want to help"

"Oh umm okay"

"Sorry Swan but this is what you get when you don't agree to go out to dinner with me"

"Killian, this is actually great"