6. Wail

6. Wail

"They say that birthmarks are a scar of how you've died in your previous life." I told Sae and Sui. I held out my left hand, admiring the light trail of porcelain white that ran like a bracelet around my wrist.

"Really?" Sae asked, interested.

"It's just a myth," I chuckled. "I really wonder though."

Reincarnation is real, huh? That's a surprise.

Am I supposed to just go oh I'm dead, okay. Wow! I got reincarnated into a cool anime world, that's hella cool!  or something? What next, I'm gonna be some mysterious kid that approaches Tsuna and gets involved in their lives or something?

Get real.

I got killed. And why? Because I was apparently seen with two people those nameless mob characters were targeting? What were the names again--Maltese? Bitchu? Do I even want to remember them?

I swear to god if I ever see those fuckers again--

Seriously, Drew? You're not even in the same world anymore. How are you going to get your revenge? Forget revenge, you can't even go back to your own world anymore.

You're stuck in this dying body for no particular reason.

You're gonna die once more, and this time, you probably won't get reincarnated. You'll be dropped down to the deepest depths of hell, and you can't climb back up.

"Rei-chan?"

"Reeeei-chan!!"

I snapped back to reality, putting on a poker face and turning to Sae. "What is it?" I asked, forcing out a smile.

Sae showed a disappointed face before she spoke up again. "Are you actually feeling alright?" she asked.

I nodded. "Of course! I'm all better now." I reassured her.

She looked a little skeptical, but soon Mama Lula walked in and said they had to get going as visiting hours were over.

-----

Eve, I missed him. His smiles that were fake, yet flawlessly genuine. His kind and caring smile. His eyes, ones that could always see through my every thought. Ones that could read me like a book.

Zen, I want to see him again. He dishonest denials. His gentle reprimanding. His strict attitude that didn't care if people hated him. His irritatingly selfless nature only I could see through.

Why did we have to be separated? We promised. We promised to run the circus together, as travelers, after I graduated. We promised to always be together.

The pain welled up inside me, escaping through my eyes as tears. Questions, complaints, whines and cries of the unfairness of the world plagued my heart all night.

As I looked at the morning sun, I came to a sudden realization.

"I don't need this new body," I realized. "Wouldn't it be much easier on me if I just died? Drop down to hell and whatnot--isn't that where I belong now?"

I reached to the IV drip on my arm. It was the only sharp thing near me now. It was easy--I just needed to plunge the needle at my throat. I'll definitely die with that.

It's easy.

But as the needle brushed against the skin of my throat, I felt my hands trembling. I found myself shivering--in fear.

Why?

Thanatophobia, the fear of death.

Why?

Thanatophobia, the fear of death.

Shut up. I'm not thanatophobic. I'm not.

Thanatophobia, the fear of death.

I threw the IV Drip aside burying my head in my pillow, pulling the covers over my as I wailed.

Please, just let me die.

Let me end it all.

-----

-----

-----

Oh, I thought.

even if I don't do anything, I'll die anyways.

I just have to wait.