97. Staccato

97. Staccato

"Seriously, what were you THINKING?!"

Getting my hand patched up, Tsuna of all people was yelling in my ear.

"There is a LIMIT to how stupid you can be!" he reprimanded, angered, frustrated, and abslutely concerned all mixed into an explosion of emotion that ended up with-- tears?!

"Wait, I'm sorry, Tsuna are you crying??" I panicked completely because did I just make the main freaking character of all people freaking-

"I am!" his reaction was surprising to me, "Is this even the time to be so ridiculous, Rei?? It was your dominant hand, too!"

Is it just me, or Tsuna is very strangely assertive when it comes to me?

"I said I was sorry!" I whined, looking away. "Look, I apologize. I repent. I'd even go home right now, if that's what you want. Don't give me that face please I'm weak to puppy dog eyes--"

-

-

Stuffed back into a helicopter headed straight back toward Namimori General hospital, Kusakabe Tetsuya accompanied me on my journey back. As a watchdog.

Kusakabe scrutinized me very closely, his eyes not leaving mine for the whole journey, not even for a moment-- Feeling terribly unnerved after half the journey, I brought up the courage to speak.

"Ku-Kusakabe...-senpai," I started. 

He perked up in interest.

"You've been glaring at me for about ten minutes now," I fiddled with my fingers nervously, "Aren't you going to scold me too?" 

My eyes drifted away from him, bracing for verbal impact--

But what he gave me was simply a sigh.

"I won't," he assured me, "you may not be as stubborn as Kyou-san, but the both of you have a lot in common. For example, the habit to deal with everything based on impulsive decisions."

I winced.

"However, impulsive as they are, they are never done without the courage to bear the consequences." Kusakabe gave a comforting smile. "I believe that much is to be respected." 

At that-- my lips curled up and I felt a bashful, thankful chuckle rumble from my throat. 

"But the next time you do that," Kusakabe turned serious, "I'm yelling at you." 

Straightening up immediately, I respond, "Yes sir, I am very sorry!" 

-

-

"I will be heading back to the ceremony. I trust you can promise good behaviour herein?"

Dropping me off at the hospital roof, Kusakabe insisted on walking me to my room before he was satisfied. He was kinda like a mommy sometimes. Or a big brother or something.