51. Hint

51. Hint

Crouching down at the side of the bed, I eyed the cow child sleeping soundly under the covers. It pained me to see him like this.

Quiet, Weak, Pale, Sickly... Lifeless.

A quiet Lambo made me feel incredibly unsettled.

It was unnatural. Unnatural, and should never have come about.

I bit my lip.

I clenched the sheets and gritted my teeth. I let out a low growl and my brows twisted in displeasure--

"It'll be alright, Rei-kun." Nana's voice was like an instant relief. It intruded into my train of thought so abruptly, the malice was blown out of place all at once.

I snapped my head toward her.

And quickly, she tucked a sliced apple into my mouth.

"Lambo-kun will be just fine!" she beamed assuringly, shining with innocence and positivity in attempt to ease my nerves.

And I couldn't suppress the smile that crawled its way onto my face.

-

-

1. Lambo is in a coma

2. Tsuna-kun has lost his Vongola Ring (and thus, the rules of the Ring Conflict have changed).

3. Iemitsu-san has gone to Italy.

-

Closing my green journal, I let out a sigh as I tucked it into my desk drawer.

None of the gang were around-- Tsuna was training with Basil; Yamamoto was... training, I guess? And Gokudera's with Shamal, I think.

The classroom felt painfully empty.

Nakahara-sensei was trying to teach English-- but there were already students with their heads on the desk. I wasn't far off either, having been in a constant struggle to stay awake for the past ten minutes.

Yawning once again, I wonder why I even bothered to come to school today.

"So, any questions?" Nakahara-sensei turned to the class.

My hand went up lazily.

"Yes, Ninomiya-kun?"

I rubbed my eyes sleepily. "Sorry, sensei. I'm not feeling very well, so may I be excused to the infirmary?"

-

Shamal was in the infirmary today, along with oen Gokudera Hayato.

When I entered the room, they quickly turned to me-- scrutinizing me like I was a foreign being. It felt awkward to suddenly have their questioning eyes on me.