84. Fare

84. Fare

"Rei, anything--" Reborn's voice went through the earpiece, but there was no time to register.

"DINOSAUUUURRR!!!"

"...Huh?"

-

-

"Russo!" I yelled, "Which genius idea told you to wander about into Kikyou's fighting range? Are you stupid??" 

"Shut up, I didn't know!" Russo yelled back, "Look, I don't even remember what on earth these things are called!"

"That huge lake thingy is like ten steps away, you should've known!"

"Just SHUT UP and RUN!"

Neither of us were running at full speed anymore. 

We both knew each that we were weak now, and our strengths have run out. The battle's barely gotten started, but neither of us have the ability to last until the end.

Neither of us can fight anymore--

Hidden among the trees, I spotted Kikyou, and the scene of battle on the other side of the lake. They haven't seemed to notice us-- if we stayed quiet we could perhaps get some distance. One lone dinosaur was chasing us by some stupid reason-- maybe Kikyou knew we were here, but was dismissing the fact.

Hibari, I saw, was standing on one side.

And in the next instant, one long neck emerged from the ground, shooting upwards-- engulfed the left side of his body-- and thoroughly tore his arm out. 

I hissed as I saw the blood gush out from the site of the wound. The amount of red was astounding. That was undeniably an instant kill-- if only it weren't an illusion.

But it still made me feel sick and nauseated. Turning away quickly, I noted that Russo was looking too. Catching my gaze, he turned to me-- with not another moment of thought he grabbed me by the wrist and we leaped into the trees.

Creating easy distance from the velociraptor, the dinosaur quickly gave up and regrouped to the majority of its pack. 

Breathing out a sigh of relief, we ducked behind the tree trunk.

"We should get further distance." he whispered to me. "I'll be heading over to the Gokudera and Lal side of things. What about you?" 

If he heads over to the Varia side... I can't stay here because it's dangerous, so... "I'll head back to Tsuna and Reborn," I decided, "It's safer there. I don't think I'm much use out here anyways."

Russo nodded. "Try not to get in anymore trouble, you hear?" he chuckled, "with Reborn, y'know?"

A chuckle back, I sighed. "I'll try."

Russo dropped down from the branch and unto the ground-- looking around a few times to make sure the coast was clear, he lifted his head to look at me.