99. Perception

99. Perception

Reborn

Tsuna and his Guardians were solemnly led to the back room for some rest as they waited for Talbot to complete the rings.

The situation appalled everyone, and the only way to describe the state of the Vongola was 'chaos'. Reborn liked the word a lot-- but not very much when he was the one caught up in it.

"Reborn, this may seem like a time very unsuitable for this question--" Nono brought up hesitantly, "But that boy-- Rei-kun, was he?" he thought back to the commotion earlier on, where the boy had stabbed himself in the arm.  Was there more reason you reached out to him?"

At this point they ceased moving around. Nono excused his guards, and the two of them, in a corner of the room, spoke hushed. 

"At first, he seemed useful." Reborn admitted, but only at first. "At this point, his real role in the family would only be realized in the future, where we foresee him becoming a part of the Varia."

This made the both of them hesitant. 

"Is he worth the time and effort spent on him?" Nono cringed, realizing how cruel this question was, "Or has he been.. a burden?"

"The answer to that question is, regretfully, still far off and out," Reborn could only say sourly. With a sigh, he lifted his head again. "But I believe there is something much more to his potential."

"Something more?"

The next second, a sharp ringtone sounded sharply. Heads spun towards on Kusakabe Tetsuya on the other end of the hall. Despite the attention, he picked up the call with a panicked expression, speaking worriedly--

"Hello? Yes, this is Kusakabe, who left the hospital a while ago... Huh?"

A hand shot up to his mouth in horror at what he heard next-- eyes widened, mortified-- This brought a heavy air of concern to the other occupants of the room.

Curiousity taking the best of him, Reborn and Nono stepped toward Kusakabe, intending to question the man after the call--

But as the call hung up, Kusakabe barged into the room Tsuna was in.

"Rei-san..." he didn't waste a moment, "Rei-san's gone missing from his hospital room."

-

Tsuna

"What?!" Tsuna and Ryohei snapped at the same time.

"Why, when, how??" Tsuna demanded, unable to compose himself as he was mentally frustrated with everything that was currently going on.

Kusakabe devastatingly clenched his fists, frustrated as well-- "Apparently, he was last seen going out with a red-haired boy... and a tall girl wearing a gakuran."