28. Blossoms

28. Blossoms

"So, what exactly am I seeing here?"

It was a beautiful, beautiful spring day, with cherry blossoms fluttering and dancing in the wind. The fresh spring breeze blew my hair into a mess, and brought a chill to my senses.

Of course, my family and I were set out for some flower viewing today. My sisters were even more excited at the fact that we were invited by Tsuna and gang. The girls had formed a tight friendship with I-Pin and Lambo in the little times they played together.

I had set out ahead, wanting to meet up with my friends ahead of time. Dad would bring the girls over a little later when they were done preparing the food.

But as soon as the park comes into view, I hear explosions.

And when I enter the park, I see Takeshi and Hibari fighting. Takeshi was using a sword. A freaking sword. Takeshi, what have I told you about using a sword in public?

(Wait. I've never said anything.)

"Ah, Rei. Good timing." I hear Reborn at the tree branch to my right.

I turn to him, acting surprised. "Oh, Reborn-kun." I greet him, "Beautiful day, eh?" I smiled at him. "Why is it that beautiful days are always accompanied by... this?"

I nudged at the scene in front of me. Just then, Takeshi was knocked down by Hibari's tonfa, his knees definitely touching the ground.

"Rei, as a member of Tsuna's Famiglia, go fight." Reborn told me.

Eh? "Huhh-" I gaped, "Wait, me? Reborn-kun, I'm weak, y'know? and rigorous sporting is something I'm typically not allowed to-"

I quickly ducked down to avoid having the deadly metal weapon connect with my skull.

"Wai-" I held up my hands, "Hi-Hibari-senpai, wait, no-" I panicked, spluttering over and over again unable to form coherent sentences in my head, "Help!"

I swerved to the side, narrowly dodging the tonfa again. Hibari smirked, getting back into fighting position.

Dripping with cold sweat, I raised my hands to imitate his poise. Damn, I wish I had a weapon! Actually, I really shouldn't be fighting Hibari. I just had stitches removed!

My surgery scar was barely healing yet, and I've been told over and over again for the past two months to not fucking run or fight. And for once, I listened to Kuma. Please don't reopen, wound!

My eyes narrowed as I decided to get serious. That's enough wimpiness. Once Hibari gets going, you won't survive if you keep being under-confident about yourself.

I blocked the tonfa with the side of my arm, managing to lessen the injury. The block made Hibari widen his eyes in light surprise, and I took that moment to twist my arm over the tonfa and get a grip on Hibari's wrist, earning a surprised gasp from Gokudera.