63. Rot

63. Rot

(TYL) Rei

"Rei-chan, get down here RIGHT NOW!"

Rei flinched at the sharp call from all the way at the foot of the tree.

"Lussuria?" he had to wonder.

Quickly, Rei made his way down the tree, jumping down branch to branch and eventually landing on the ground.

"What do you think you're DOING, going up to face the temperatures in today's weather? You're going to get sick!"

"Sorry, Mama Lussuria." Rei apologized, but his tone was semi-monotone, "Mimi was doing some recon work with me."

"You didn't need to be on top of the tree to do that."

"Oh, you're right."Rei realized.

Lussuria sighed, "Goodness, just nine years ago you were a sickly boy that couldn't handle a stormy night." he whined, "I'm the only one left that's worried about your condition, dear."

"I'm alright, really." Rei assured him, "Ever since my miraculously successful lung transplant, my issues have been minor things like asthma and stuff."

"That's not minor at all!" Lussuria retorted.

Rei pouted, "Not my fault the gods are desperate to make me suffer."

"Regardless!" Lussuria snapped, "Leave everything to your little Mimis and head inside. That's enough work for you today!"

"Yessir, Mama Lussie."

-

Upon going back inside the mansion, Rei headed to his room. He found a vase on his desk-- a vase that contained two stems of white lilies.

Drew's favourite flowers, Rei recalled. White lilies.

I wonder who brought them in?

"VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIII!!!!" Squalo's yelled was heard all throughout the mansion, reverberating through the walls as if he used a megaphone.

Rei jumped like the scaredy rat he was, and turned around quickly. "Squalo?"

-

Russo

Securing bandages over the whole length of his arm, Russo stretches, moves his arms about, and determined if his arms were in working condition. He hides the rest of the roll in the desk drawer, and pushes it shut,

Russo draped his long, black coat over himself, and passed the mirror on his way out. Black long coat, black hair, and bright red eyes-- 

"I look like an anime character now,  don't I?" he mused.

His eyes drifted to the red gem pendant around his neck. Picking it up, he pecks it affectionately, with his lips, once. With a smile, he whispered to himself: