103. Migraine

103. Migraine

"Daemon probably, accidentally or not, I don't know-- nearly killed him?"

Ironical as this may sound, Takeshi may have felt his heart stop in horror as Enma said that. His world seemed to freeze over-- but his chest-- it boiled. 

"But then he just- stood back up."

This made even Gokudera perk up. Because what?

"He started acting like someone else. He was speaking like he wasn't Ninomiya." Enma tried his best to explain, but this information itself was second-hand. He didn't know what even he was explaining. "He ran into the forest, but we lost him soon after."

Such an update on Rei's situation stuck the mood in a heavier viscosity of tension than before.

Was this confusion? Disbelief? Or just perhaps, irritation? Regardless, the vexatious mixture of feelings was about to drive Tsuna mad.

"This may sound rude, but," Enma was firm this time—He was resolute, not hesitant—he was being honest—"He's weird. Very."

To this, no one had a word of comeback. No defence, no word of protest and no debate to go against that opinion. Unanimously, the fact was agreed on.

"Everything about him is just," Enma clenched his fist, "Unnerving." He chose his words bitterly, "It's like—what he exudes, his aura—it's just like the Vindice."

Tsuna lifted his head, realizing the same.

"They know things, but they aren't telling us because they apparently can't." Gokudera mumbled under his breath, spitting a curse in between. "The similarities are uncanny."

"Stop that, Gokudera," Yamamoto said in response. "Rei has his own reasons-"

"And so do the Vindice!" Gokudera retorted, "How do we know he's not in cahoots with those mummy freaks? He's obviously hiding something big, and-"

"Gokudera!" he snapped.

This made everyone just stop. Yamamoto-- Yamamoto, of all people, had lost his temper. With Gokudera, of all people. 

If Tsuna remembered anything about these two, their fights never got anywhere. And that was because Yamamoto never took Gokudera's words to heart.

But now-- Gokudera was the one silent to an angry Yamamoto. Clearly, that was not a good sign. Not at all, in many different ways.

"Wa-" Tsuna reacted quickly, his instincts taking over, "Wait, let's-- put that aside for now!" he urged to change the topic, "Let's hurry, c'mon, Chrome is fighting Daemon now!"

Tsuna couldn't guarantee, but he's never seen these two with such tension between them.

-

"Daemon Spade, who acquired Rokudo Mukuro's body, has broken out of his confines." Jager explained, "It's only a matter of time before a jailbreak occurs."