70. Base

70. Base

"Jeez, this place's security is looser than a fucking prostitute!" Squalo cursed out loud, "How the fuck did Byakuran invade the network?"

"Squalo?!?"

The long-haired man had easily barged into the base in a way bolder than I could've imagined-- a legitimate stroll through the defenses as if the barriers were never even there.

Taking a little longer to catch up, I loitered slowly, awing at the magnificent size of the base. I peeked into the room in time to see Dino approach Squalo.

"A greeting gift," Squalo huffed, shoving to Dino's arms the huge tuna he and Mr Totsuka had reeled in just this morning.

And then, bypassing Dino, he made a beeline to Takeshi-- and with not a bounf or bit of hesitation, gave a deep swipe across his face with his sword arm.

I sucked in a breath, holding back a gasp. There was little blood, I reminded myself, it must've been the flat end, because Squalo's sword had no blunt edge.

Squalo then burrowed his knee into his stomach, hard-- my eyes squeezed shut and I diverted my eyes quickly the moment I saw the blood gush from his mouth.

"Yamamoto!!" I heard Tsuna yell.

"Are you trying to kill him?!?" Gokudera followed. 

Covering my eyes and my mouth, I realized I was holding my breath. Letting out the air slowly, I willed my heart to pace itself. Mr Tanabe told me not to strain myself anymore for at least today--

I felt a light knock to my head. Opening my eyes,  saw Squalo at the doorway. He knocked me in the head with his normal arm, giving me a degrading look-- and huffed. He turned away and walked off. 

Well, I reminded myself, bringing a smile onto my face, Squalo's just going to make him stronger.

Kinda sad I don't get to talk to Takeshi, though.

My thoughts were interrupted as a loud crash happened right at the other side of the door. Jumping in surprise, I looked over to see-- wait, Tsuna?? 

He had been blown back into the door by a hard punch from Ryohei-- turning my attention to the interior of the room, I registered the conversation.

"I'm a man too, so that one fist is all I will give you!" Ryohei yelled, "With that one fist, let's step forward to the next level!!"

There was a long moment of silence-- ah, I realized, breaking into a smile. That's where we are in the story.

"Damn you, Lawn head, how dare you do that to the Tenth!!" Gokudera yelled back, spurting forward, "I WILL KILL YOU!!"

"Calm down, Gokudera!!" Dino panicked.

Peeking over from the doorway, I let out a sigh. 

"Eh, Rei-san?" Tsuna noticed me. "Wait, REI-SAN?!?"