76. World

76. World

"Do you hate me now?" Russo teased. 

"We're currently in quite an incredible part of the plot, so could we leave this for later?" I groaned, rolling my eyes as we made our way down to the field, where the other non-combatants had gone on ahead of us.

Yes, we are fast-forwarding to the end of the match. 

"I've watched this scene about a hundred times, so I'm pretty bored of it." He informed cheerfully, with an asshole's smile on his face.

"Noted with no thanks," I grumbled sharply at him. 

We were almost there now. It seemed the conversation had started without us-- we were missing out on the big conversation. Our appearance there has to be quiet or we'd ruin the mood.

Being mob extras were annoying. We had no place or role to fill in, and no space for lines or intervention or involvement.

"That aside, don't you think I'm kinda like Daisy? We're both zombies!" Russo piped up cheerfully again, as if he had zero worries in this universe. 

Ah, good point, I thought, being misled for a short moment.

Wait, not quite... something's a big distinction between Daisy and Russo, I know it. It's at the tip of my... "Actually--" I stopped in my tracks, finding the need and urge to think this through, "Daisy's undead because of his Sun Flames. The both of us are alive because of Void and-"

Night Flames, with the element of Transportation.

I stopped myself before it slipped off my tongue-- did Russo have those flames too? I had them-- no, it was Drew who had them. I've never tried lighting a flame after the Kokuyo Arc, but I don't believe those Night Flames were mine to control at all. 

I had initially thought it belonged to Void-- but if so, wouldn't Russo have them too? 

Telling Russo about the Night Flames may be irrelevant to the situation. Night Flames may not be what makes us undead.

"Flames, huh..." Russo mumbled after my half-hypothesis, "...you're actually pretty smart, aren't you? I've never been able to think stuff like that through." 

I pouted, "What's that supposed to mean?" I whined childishly at the comment, "Despite how I look, I was gunning for the scholarship of this prestigious college in my previous life!"

Not that Drew ever got the chance to take the entrance exam before she died.

Nor the opportunity to tell her brothers that little dream.

-

"Rei, what do you think?"

The moment I stepped into the scene, Reborn turned to me with a question. Everyone else seemed to spin toward me as well, and I was at the center of attention.