73. Relation

73. Relation

Sui

"Eh-" Sui pulled her head out of the machine and turned to me, "Rei-chan?" she had to confirm, "What are you doing here?"

"Time travel, maybe?" I chuckled. Calmly pulling out a handkerchief from my pocket, I wiped away a brush of oil from her face. "What about you? What are you doing in this ruined, half-base, tinkering with Mini Mosca?"

"I'm not tinkering with Mini Mosca!" she whined, "I'm fixing it."

"Yes, yes." Folding my handkerchief back together, I sighed. "I'm glad I'm seeing you become more expressive after growing up." I smiled at her.

She pouted, "And Rei-chan, you're the exact opposite."

"Huh?"

"Nothiing." she mumbled. "Shou-chan and Spanner-san are over there." she pointed in the other direction where a light brown tent was set up-- 

"But I came here to see you, Sui," I chuckled, "Won't you talk to your dear older brother?"

"I'm older than you now, Rei-chan." she responded. 

"I'm gonna cry." 

With a sigh, she picked herself up and gave me a hug. She was my height now, despite being twenty two years old. But her being taller than me was almost anticlimactic. 

Ruffling her hair, I let out a sigh. "And there goes your beautiful black hair," I whined, "I thought you didn't like it short?"

"It gets in the way," was her response.

"That's exactly what  thought Sae would say," I chuckle, breaking the hug. "Did my sisters change personalities in those ten years?" I joked.

Sui gave me a curt little smile, bashfully, with a cute chuckle. 

"Speaking of Sae," I absentmindedly spoke up, realizing a missing link in the equation, "Where is she in this time, and what is she doing?"

Sui's eyes lowered, softened-- and she didn't dare look me in the eye.

-

The Girls

"I didn't expect Rei-san to be here too!" Haru giggled, serving me a cup of green tea, "How have you been?"

A little taken aback, I eyed the cup for a long moment. "...I'm fine," I managed, "But you girls are a lot happier than I assumed."

I'm quite sure Squalo came by just after the boycott episodes. I thought the girls would be quite a tad more depressed than overly lively.

"That's my line!" Kyoko whined, "What's this I hear? You knew about the Mafia too?"

"That's right, that's right!" Haru nodded vigorously, "Why were us girls the only ones left out?"