93. Rose

93. Rose

"So," being served a cup of hot chocolate, Hibari spoke to me from the other bed, sipping on his own cup and then putting it down. "I heard you quit school."

I flinched. 

Hibari eyed me sternly.

"Well," I looked away, "I ended up having to be here and-- please don't bite me to death I came in here so I won't die to death in the first place you're missing the point, Hibarin," 

At the name, Hibari glared, and the tonfas shot out anyways--

Name calling is what gets him? Of all things? Holding up my hands warily in front of me, I chuckled, "Mister Cloud Sparrow?" I joked. 

He stood up.

"I'm sorry, please don't kill me, Kyou-san?" I tried.

Now, Hibari was but an inch away from me, face and all right before mine, looking so pissed I could see it through his Hibari default face--

"My deepest apologies for having disturbed your emotions greatly, dear sir, however may this lowly peasant request mercy and pardon from your utmost graceful presence I beg of thee--"

Hibari sighed-- and, raising his tonfas wordlessly--

He decked me in the head one hard time.

"OWW!!!"

-

"Where are you going, Rei?" Nurse Fujimiya glared at me as I stepped out of my room, "Wearing you jacket and your outdoor shoes, for once?"

Staying in the hospital for less than a week, I was already bored. Takeshi had been coming by less and less, in shorter time stamps, so Hibari was the only person I got to talk to in a while. It seemed the new semester kept everyone busy-- except me.

So sneaking out for school hours had been the plan...

"Just out," I tried to pretend I was allowed to, "To Hanae-san's shop at the shopping district for a visit! and maybe school too, just to check on those transfer students Takeshi told me about last time. I don't have any important check ups today anyways, right?"

My beaming bright smile seemed to make the Nurse cave, so holding her head, bearing an incoming headache, she simply sighed and resigned herself to fate.

"Two hours," she said, holding up two fingers sternly, "and a report back every thirty minutes regarding your whereabouts."

Her demands were strict and serious, but honestly incredibly lenient for Nurse Fujimiya's standards. "Also, take care of my Rururi tomorrow, I'm bringing her to work."

I perked up at the last one, brightening up incredibly shiny.

"Where's my response?" she gritted her teeth.