Gray X Mermaid ! Reader : That Night At Eight

(y/n)'s pov

(y/n)'s pov

I sat on the beach watching the water roll up and down on the shore, I stayed far back on sand, if the water touched my legs my scales show. If my scales show up enough my legs connect and become my tail, I couldn't get caught.

"YOU'RE GONNA LOSE FIRE BREATH!"

"NO YOU'RE GONNA LOSE ICE PRINCESS!"

I looked over and saw two teenage boys arguing, ones fist filled with hot flames while the other filled with cold ice particles. This was my beach, and I wasn't going to have any fighting! I got up and ran in between both of them, "Water Princess Dual Shield" I whispered holding out both of my hands as a wall of water blocked their attacks. 'Hah! I got them now' I thought happily, until the fire and the ice went above the walls and ran at each other from there.

I gasped as the ice hit the flames and it melted into water dropping on top of me, I saw my legs cover in scales, they started shining a golden color meaning they were morphing. I fell to the ground and I couldn't stand anymore, before my walls of water sunk to reveal me, a large wave of water covered me and sucked me into the water.

"Why did you interfere in the acts of humans?! If I didn't save you then you would've gotten caught and possibly killed!" (d/n) roared, "I'm sorry dad! I didn't think it would've ended like that!" I yelled back. "That's because you don't think! You act without thinking what could happen to you!" he yelled angrily again.

I growled and swam away, ignoring what he had to say after that, I swam back to the surface and headed up to my rock. One of the boys were gone, but the one with the dark navy colored hair stayed behind sitting at the shore sitting like I was staring at the sunset behind me.

"Yo!" he yelled raising his hand, I backed up and hid farther behind the rock, "are you shy?!" I heard him yell, I gulped, 'is he talking to me' I thought nervously. "Are you alright back there?!" he yelled in my direction, I gulped and peered around the rock, "there you are!" he yelled happily smiling wide enough to close his eyes.

Part of me wanted to swim to him but the other part stayed put, but ignoring my better judgement, I swam to him anyway. I was getting ready to turn the corner until I saw him already halfway swimming out to me, I gasped and hid behind the rock. Again. "Don't hurt me please" I begged as I crawled on the other side of the rock gripping the stone tightly burying my face into it.

"Why would I hurt you" he asked appearing beside me, I jumped back and fell back further into the water, I swam to the surface and pulled my hair back. "You're so pretty so I just had to come out and meet you" he said sweetly peering at me, I nervously hid behind the rock away from him, he laughed quietly. "You're adorable when you're shy, so you're a mage?" he asked me, I gulped, "n-no... I just... was born with this magic" I told him.

gray's pov

"your voice is so cute" I told her sweetly looking at her, "and you're so shy, it's adorable as all hell" I added making her face flush pink. "T-Thank you" she stuttered shyly, I smiled weakly, "wanna join me on the shore?" I asked her, her face flushed red again but she seemed nervous.

"U-Uh I can't" she stuttered nervously looking away from me, "why not?" I asked her, "I.. I just can't" she said going down into the water. "Woah! Hey!" I yelled down to get her, when I saw her under the water my eyes widened, she was speeding away, but she didn't have legs, she had.. a tail?

(y/n)'s pov

That night around eight I went back to the shore, right when the moon was barely rising over the water, and the light reflected off the ocean, I always found it so beautiful. "There you are", I swung my head and saw the boy from earlier, "hello?" I asked him, "wait.. you cant be her" he mumbled, "were you here earlier?" he asked me. "Yeah, I saw you and that other boy fighting so I stepped in" I told him, "then you were that girl in the water!"

'Oops.'

I shot up and got ready to run, "hey wait!" he yelled grabbing my wrist, "please don't hurt me!" I begged him, "calm down! I'm not gonna hurt ya!" he told me. I looked back at him, he sighed and released my wrist, "geez cant a guy talk to a pretty girl? It's getting so difficult now" he said rubbing the nape of his neck.

"But.. you saw m-" I started, "your tail? Yeah, and I didn't wanna scare you off by telling you I saw it" he told me, "you're not... gonna sell me?" I asked him, "what kind of sick person does that?" he asked me. "I... I don't know.. I just know it's happened" I told him, "well can we just talk like normal people? Or.. normal person and mermaid?" he asked me, I couldn't help but laugh at the little joke.

"(Y/n)? That's a pretty name, I'm Gray" he smiled holding out his hand, "nice to meet you Gray" I chuckled shaking his hand, I was sitting partially on shore and in water since Gray was admiring my tail the entire time. "It looks so difficult to swim like that" he said looking at how my tail was one piece, since he had two legs, "it is when you're born like this, but after a while you get used to it" I told him. "I wanna be a mermaid" he whined, "if you were I'm sure we would've met a long time ago" I giggled, "oh man, now I wish I was a mermaid, I could've gotten to meet you earlier" he smiled.

• • •

"Gray!" I yelled waving my hand from the water, he swam through the water up to the rock where we first talked, we sat on top and looked out at the moon, everyday at eight o clock he'd come back here to see me.

All Thanks To That Night At Eight.