Levy X Reader : Books Are The Key To My Heart

~~~

~~~

"Good morning!" you smiled to the blue haired girl that walked in, "good morning!" she said sweetly and walked further into the library, you worked as a bookkeeper in the library and you were working all day from open to close, so you spent a lot of time that didn't involve stocking books reading, you loved to read, you magic involved you creating characters from stories into real life, so the more you read, the more you can summon. It was a rare magic ability but not one in a million rare, you sat at one of the couches reading, not noticing just how fast time had flown by and it got later and later in the day until it was an hour before closing time. Most people went home for dinner so it was fairly empty in the library, until you noticed the blue haired girl from earlier, you left her to her reading until it got scarily close to closing time but you felt bad bothering her.

"Ma'am...? The libray is closing in seven minutes" you told her, "oh! I'm sorry" she laughed and shut her book, "darn I didn't get the chance to finish it, can I check it out?" she asked, you saw a large pile of books beside her, "those too?" you asked, "oh no I finished those already" she said making you widen your eyes, "it's amazing to see another book lover like yourself" you laughed, "come on" you said, "I'll handle those later" you assured her and checked out the book for her. She was the last person in the library, but it was storming heavily outside and you let her stay inside the library until it settled down, "I never introduced myself, I'm Levy" she said with a warm smile, "(y/n)" you nodded back, "so what made you become a librarian?" she asked, "easy access to books, when I'm basically getting paid to read" you laughed, "sounds like a dream" she giggled, "you're a full time mage then?" you asked.

"Oh yeah, I should become a librarian too if it's that easy" she said sweetly, "I'd love to work as a full time mage, I'm thinking about joining a guild eventually, but I should read quite a lot more books before I do" you told her, "well if you decide to join a guild you should join Fairy Tail, I'd love to have someone else to read books with" she said, "I might take you up on that offer" you said shyly, man this Levy girl was so cute to you, you guys talked a little more about the types of books you were into and such, "ah it's lightening up" she said noticing the rain slow down, Levy used what looked to you like Solid Script magic and made two umbrellas, "here" she said offering it to you, "oh.. thank you" you laughed, "say come back tomorrow, I think I have a few books you might be interested in" you told her, "sounds good! I'll see you tomorrow (y/n)! Bye!" she waved kindly and ran into the darkness as you waved goodbye.

The next day Levy showed up late, "thought you ditched me there for a second" you teased her, "sorry! I had a last minute mission to handle" she laughed shyly, "here these books are some of my personal favorites that I think you might like" you said pushing four books towards her, "sounds good" she smiled and you checked them out for her, "I'll be done with all of them tonight haha!" she giggled, "let me know tomorrow how you like them" you said, "see you tomorrow" she laughed and ran off with the books, you were particularly interested in Levy, you found her attitude and personality charming and you wanted to get to know her better, as a friend and maybe something more. So in one of the books you put a note that asked her if she wanted to go on a date to a popular cafe nearby the day after tomorrow, since she said she would be done with it soon, you hoped that tomorrow when you saw her that she would tell you yes or no.

The next day Levy arrived early in the morning, "I loved all the books they were so good! You really do have good taste in books (y/n)!" she laughed, putting the books on the counter, did... did she not see the note? DID THE NOTE FALL OUT?! "I'm glad you liked it" you said with a bit of a forced smile, "I would love to recommend you books sometime! Some of my favorites are here in this library" she told you, "I'd be happy to read them" you said sweetly, "have a good day (y/n)!" she said and smiled extra brightly as she left the library. You sighed, well maybe it was a sign that it wouldn't have worked out, it kinda made you glad she didn't get the note when you thought about it like that, you scanned through the books to make sure everything was intact when a note fell out of a book, it was your note that you wrote for her, you read it before flipping to the other side of the note.

'Hey Levy, would you be interested in going on a date with me to an Internet cafe tomorrow at 9am?'

'I'll be there! Don't be late :) <3'

~~~

a/n: this is a possible part two chapter but aaaaa it could stay here too i don't know yet

also if you read my old works.... bravo, i cringed reading my old writing that i actually almost unpublished them akdjsdkskskaj