Jellal X Laid Back ! Reader : You Should Be Laid Back Like Me

"I am exhausted I just want to sleep and drink coffee for the rest of my life"

"No (y/n) you cant do that come on" Jellal said, holding your ankles as he tried to pull you out of bed, "nooooo~ go on the mission without me" you complained, burying your face into the pillow, "I'm asking you to come with me and pick a mission and we can both go" he groaned, pulling at your ankles harder. "I've gone through too much in life, I can sleep five minutes longer" you mumbled against the pillow and Jellal releases your ankles, "you've been alive for twenty what years now? you're not eighty, you haven't gone through THAT much" he sighed as he sat on the edge of the bed. "How do you know, it's a hard enough life" you sighed dramatically and laid your arm over your head, "ok lil miss drama queen" he rolled his eyes, "come on, let's go get breakfast" he said, patting your leg before standing up, "I can't be bothered to get up" you said, he groaned loudly and flopped onto the bed.

You couldn't help but smile and look at him, laying next to you, you knew you aggravated the hell out of your boyfriend but part of you was serious, "I'm just living life to the fullest" you defended yourself, pulling the blanket over your head, "this is not the fullest" he said, pulling off your head and kissing your forehead. "Ok, I will go get you breakfast, and I will be back" he smiled, giving you another kiss before he got up, you grabbed his wrist, "wait no, stay with me" you whispered, he sighed, "you don't wanna come with me, and you don't want me to leave, what do I do?" he asked, you smiled, "stay~" you cooed, he laughed and laid back down.

"Let's just rest today hm? We can relax and watch some movies" he said, tucking your hair behind your ear, "ok" you mumbled, Jellal picked you up and carried you to the living room, setting you on the couch. Jellal laid next to you and cuddled you close to him, "are you gonna be like this all day?" he asked, you nodded, "I know today's a bad day for you, but it'll be alright" he said, rubbing your arm comfortably. He was right, today was the day everything went downhill for you, ever since you were a kid something bad always happened on his day and slowly everything piled up and made you so tired of doing anything, so on this day Jellal was always super lenient with you, even if you acted like this everyday.

Jellal wrapped his arms around you and pulled you closer, "a few year ago I wanted to know your name, and now I get to wake up next to you, it's kinda nice" he said, you chuckled and put your arms over his, "take all the time you need, I'm not going anywhere" Jellal muttered against your back, you smiled and rolled over so you could face him, tangling your legs with his, "thanks for sticking with me" you mumbled, "you've gone through a lot already (y/n) I know that, you're allowed to take it easy" he smiled, kissing your cheek. "Even when I'm being lazy?" you teased, he laughed and buried his face in your collar, "even when you're being lazy, I love you" he said proudly, looking up at you, "ok fine let's go find a mission" you said and he got up quickly, "you don't have to you can just rest it's alright" he said, "no no, I'll just lay back, come on let's go to the guild" you said as you got up.

The two of went to go pick a mission, you sat down at a table playing with your hair while Jellal read out missions for you, "there you are (y/n)! Come on me and Sorano are going to get lunch later you should come with" Meredy offered, "no thanks, I am relaxing" you joked as you held your hands out like you were meditating, "no shot today Meredy, don't bother" Jellal chuckled, "giant rampant hoard of Hane-Sakana?" Jellal asked, "too easy" you sighed, "dont you want easy today?" he tilted his head, "well if you change your mind (y/n) swing by alright?" Meredy asked and left the hall, back to just you and Jellal. "I don't feel like doing anything today" you sighed, he walked over and sat beside you, leaning back, "guess I have no choice but not do anything today hm?" he hummed, smiling over at you.

"You put up with my shenanigans so well" you teased as you pushed his face away, he chuckled, "I love you, even if everytime you fight anything you just sit down and hold out your hand" he cooed, "I conserve my energy, sitting down is more relaxing, I can just hold out my hand out and boom" you said and copied the motion, "right, because you're like a panda, conserving energy" he said, wrapping his arms around your torso and leaning against you like a little kid, "that's one way to look at it" you smiled, kissing the top of his head, "one day we're gonna do something, I don't know what it is yet, but you're gonna love it so much you're gonna be more hyper than anyone, and then I'll keep doing it, so I can see you have fun" he rambled, you adored him whenever he tried to make you laugh, all he wanted was to see you happy and excited to do something.

Although he's gotten used to you being absolutely done with life, sometimes he gets the chance to see you excited, usually it's on either yours or his birthday, "I love you" you said on instinct, without thinking, "I love you too, you know that"

"But you should be more laid back like me, it'll stop those little grey hairs."

"(Y/N)!"

~~~

A/N: ahhhhhh i sucked at this one, i literally couldn't think of a prompt idea to write on but i hope this did the trick, requested by @redpandaotaku