Gray X First Love ! Reader : Can We Start Again?

~~~

~~~

"(Y/n)?", you swung your head around, "Gray? Gray Fullbuster?!" he laughed and ran over, giving him a hug, "wow (y/n)... it's been so long, you look great" he said, eyeing you up and down, "thanks haha, I've been trying to keep my figure" you joked, curving your hands to shape your body. "You look amazing, it's so great to see you again" he smiled, "hey, think you have time to hang out? You can come by my guild and we can have lunch" he offered, "yeah sure, I was just going to the park I had no plans" you giggled and stood closely to him, you and Gray were child lovers, Gray was your first love and you were his, you guys ended things on good terms but it was mainly because you were young and stupid and a serious relationship was a lot to put onto two young teenagers. Gray took you back to Fairy Tail and ordered food from a nice lady named Mira, and the two of you sat together, "so where have you been? What have you been doing?" he asked, "I've been traveling!" you smiled, "you always did want to travel the world" he nodded, "let me guess, you've stayed here since I left?" you asked with your eyebrow raised, "did you have to ask?" he said making you laugh.

"You know it's so cool to see you again" he said, dazed, "you've said that like four times already" you chuckled, tucking your hair behind your ear, "well it is, we were what, fifteen? When you left?" he asked, "sixteen actually" you laughed, "but technically I left the day of my sixteenth birthday so that's kinda cheating" you giggled. "You grew up a lot" he smiled, "you did too, glad to see you're wearing a shirt though" you teased, "yeah uh huh, ok, you didn't have a problem with that when we were together" he scoffed, "I wouldn't have a problem if you did it now!" you giggled, he laughed as he ran his fingers through his hair. "You're really beautiful you know that?" he asked, "thank you Gray, it's nice to see you grew up handsomely, you were when you were younger you just matured nicely, kinda like wine" you teased him making him laugh, "ah yes the finest wine" he said playfully, you giggled and smiled at Gray. It felt like you were teenagers again, like nothing had ever changed, it wasn't like there was any bad blood, you two were still friends and you guys were best friends before you were first lives.

"Have you experienced in love at all? Since then?" he asked, "hm, I've seen a few attractive people around but I've never gotten back out there, once or twice I've gone on a blind date but none of them worked out" you explained, "you only really appreciate some people once they're gone you know?" you asked, "is that a jab at me?" he asked back making you smiled, "yes it is Gray" you said confidently and smiled at him. He reached over and took your hands in his, "I can't love again Gray, I've tried, but it feels wrong, does that make sense?" you tilted your head, he nodded, "it's like... part of me still loves you, but I cant feel that part unless I'm with someone that isn't you, and I've felt that way for years and I still can't explain it" you sighed. "You know (y/n), you were my bestfriend, my first love, you were there during my awkward phases of trying to love and learn" he said, rubbing his thumb along the top of your hand, "even if it meant giving up everything I've ever done, my life even, I'd do it for you, in a heartbeat" he said, reaching over and cupping your cheek, "you're my first, and someday I hope you'll be the last" he admitted, his eyes turning glossy.

"No no, dont do that.. please dont cry because if you cry then I'm gonna cry and you know how much I hate crying" you laughed, wiping your eyes, reaching out and wiping his as well, "Gray would you want to... start again?" you asked, "I've traveled the world already, we're eighteen now, we could try again, we ended because you wanted to be a mage and I wanted to travel, we both have want we want, except each other, that is... if you still want me" you said nervously. Gray got up and moved to sit beside you, not wasting time as he pulled the back of your head in to press his lips on yours, the kiss felt just as good as the first one, "I still want you, I've always wanted you, deep down we both know it's always been you" he whispered, locking his forehead with yours, "we can start again?" you asked, tearing up, he cupped your cheeks and wiped your tears away, before pressing a loving kiss to your forehead.

"Not start again... continue."

~~~

a/n: ahahahahaha this is me writing a fanfic chapter to avoid my own first love problems AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (':