Rogue X Reader : New Friend

~~~

~~~

(g/n) - guild name

A/N: this takes place around the seven year gap, so sting isn't the master yet

~~~

You sat outside the cafe, your legs crossed as you were focused on reading your book, you were entranced in your book, focusing on every word on the page, when a pink blurry figure at the side of your book came into view, you peered around your book, confused at what you were looking at it. It was walking away from you and seemed like a... a walking frog? Intrigued, you got up and walked over to the frog, only to realize, it was just an outfit, "hi!" they said (A/N: i'm gonna refer to Frosch as 'they' because Frosch's gender is unknown). You smiled at the cuteness, it was an exceed wearing a onesie of a frog, "hey, what're you doing out here alone?" you asked them, squatting down to their height.

"I was following a butterfly!" they said, their voice showing signs of excitement, "but... I'm lost" they added, hanging their head, "oh.." you mumbled, "hey come on, you can stay with me until we find out where you belong" you offered, standing up and holding out your hands, the exceed walked towards you, you picked them up and held them close to your chest, tucking your book in your bag to hold the exceed safely. "Are you hungry?" you asked, they nodded, "uh... do exceed's just eat anything?" you mumbled to yourself, carrying them back to the cafe you were just sat at, "is there.. something you like to eat?" you offered, after ordering the exceed a muffin because they thought it looked pretty in the case, you sat with it outside at the table you were at earlier.

"Do you have... a dragon slayer? Like.." you tried to talk to them, not sure of how to ask if they had an owner but it sounded kinda wrong, "my best friend Rogue is a dragon slayer" they said, before you could ask more, you heard someone yell, "FROSCH!", you kept talking to the exceed until it turned its head, you didn't know the name of the exceed, was it Frosch? You saw a man come barreling down the sidewalk, "Rogue!" the little exceed in front of you said and the man stopped, "FROSCH!" he yelled in relief, and hugged the exceed. "You scared the hell out of me! Don't ever walk off again!" he shouted, his ears tearing up, "sorry" Frosch pouted, the man came up to me, "you found Frosch?" he asked, "I-I didn't know their name was Frosch.." you stuttered, the man was attractive, emo, but attractive.

"Thank you" he said, "my muffin..." Frosch said, reaching out at the muffin, "oh they can take it with them, sorry to keep you" you apologized and handed the muffin to the exceed, "I wanna eat with you" they said, "do you mind?" Rogue asked you, you invited them to sit with you, "sorry, I never introduced myself, my name is Rogue, I'm from Sabertooth" he said, "(y/n), I'm from (g/n)" you introduced yourself. "Sabertooth? So you're visiting Magnolia?" you asked, (A/N: so the actual placement of Sabertooth is unknown so just pretend it's somewhere else thanks loves), "yeah, me and my brother are staying here in Magnolia to visit some old friends" he said. "Thanks again for taking care of Frosch by the way, they tend to wander off a lot" he said, rubbing Frosch's head as they ate, "it's no problem, I just wanted to make sure they didn't get hurt" you said.

Rogue asked if you wanted to go around Magnolia for a while, and you agreed, intrigued and more curious about the dragon slayer, he told you wonderous stories of the missions he went on and the experience he's had at Sabertooth, you weren't the strongest mage in your guild, so you never went and fought big monsters or anything, just did the things you needed to pay the bills. Hearing his stories made you happy, you were sitting at a park on a bench with him, keeping an eye on Frosch who was walking around in the flowers, "me and my brother are able to use a Unison Raid and easily wiped out the dark guild" he said. "Sabertooth sounds so cool" you said, "it's tough though, it's really rough sometimes, but the jobs do pay well since we became the number one guild" he explained.

"What's it like at your guild?" he asked, "ah... I don't tend to interact as heavily with my guild mates, it's just me taking jobs to pay the bills, nothing special really" you laugh shyly, scratching the back of your neck, "ok then, uh, what's your favorite job you took?" he asked you, "oh! Um" you said, caught off guard, "there's this one job I took, a bunch of teenagers requested it, there was a book that they found with a curse, and they asked me to decode it, because they thought it was a cool book related to Zeref or something, when I took off the spell, it was just a plain cookbook" you told him, the two of you laughing at the idea.

"Wait so does your magic have to do with curses?" he asked, "I have Enchantment magic, it's so much fun because the jobs are so much cooler" you said, he nodded, thinking, "so you can like, curse people?" he asked curiously making you laugh, "I could, but it's dark magic and there's a book for that but I don't really bother learning those spells" you explained, "man you should, you could curse a pen to never work so I can give it to my brother" he said, "that so useless though?" you asked, laughing in between words, "YEAH BUT THE IDEA IS FUNNY! LAUGH AT MY HUMOR!" he panicked, which that idea in itself made you laugh.

You were about to keep talking when you noticed Frosch wandered off again, "WAIT WHERES FROSCH?!" you shouted looking around, not seeing the little exceed, "NOT AGAIN!" he yelled and the two of you ran around like madmen looking for Frosch. "Man Rogue you really gotta stop losing Frosch", someone stood in front of you two, "shut up Sting I was distracted" Rogue mumbled, "ooh hello" the infamous Sting you heard so much about said to you, "BACK OFF!" Rogue yelled annoyedly, "geez sorry, who is this anyway?" Sting asked. "A new friend of mine, we were just hanging out" Rogue mumbled under his breath, "god you're bad at this" Sting held his head, "I'll take care for Frosch, you have fun with your new friend" Sting winked at the two of you making your cheeks flush.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!"

~~~

A/N: it's almost 3am, i have school in four hours, i'm tired and i was reading a bunch of angst and needed some fluff, i hope you enjoy this, requested by @Vfox123