Gray X Confident ! Reader : Like When We Were Kids

~~~

~~~

(h/c) - hair color

~~~

(y/n)'s pov

"N-No thanks Loke.. I'm just trying to get to the guild hall.." I stammered awkwardly speeding up my pace walking towards the guild hall, "come on (y/n), one date?" Loke asked, flower petals fell behind him as he pushed up his glasses. "Yeaaaahhh, no."

"I'm back Gramps!" I yelled walking into the guild hall, "ahh (y/n)! How was the job?" he asked me from the counter, "great! I even got this as a bonus" I smiled looking at the handmade necklaces one of the little kids made for me. "Looks good on you gihee" Gajeel snickered from the side, "t-thanks" I stuttered shyly rubbing my nape, "looks like something a six year old made, even Happy could do better" Natsu scoffed from the side.

"A BELOVED FOUR YEAR OLD MADE THIS FOR ME AND ITS MUCH BETTER THAN WHATEVER THAT TALKING CAT COULD MAKE!" I yelled angrily with a vein popping at my forehead, "YOU TRYING TO PICK A FIGHT?!" he yelled standing on the bench with his flames burning at his fists.

"BRING IT ON!" I challenged as my fists started emanating icy spheres, "ICE MAKE! ROSE GARDEN!" I yelled slamming my hand on the floor, ice shot towards the bench Natsu was at, causing him to jump up to try and dodge. I swiped my hand upward and icy vines with ice roses and thorns shot up with it, Natsu grabbed it and started burning it, "aha! Ice Make! Venus Flytrap!" I yelled and clamped my hands together above me.

An ice statue of a Venus Flytrap shot up out of the ground and chomped Natsu inside, "FIRE DRAGON IRON FIST!" Natsu yelled and punched the ice statue but it didn't melt. "Thaaats right your fire power won't win against my trap, it can only be broken by you in your dragon force or a fire god slayer" I smirked with my arms crossed.

"HEY! LET ME OUT OF THIS STUPID THING!" Natsu yelled slamming his fists on the ice but doing nothing, "that's not fair, how come your ice magic traps the flame brain and mine doesn't?" Gray humphed from the side, "maybe I'm just better than you" I smiled jumping in the bench beside him. He went quiet and kept staring at me, specifically my chest, "my eyes are up here Fullbuster" I snapped pointing at my face, "it's just, that looks so much like the necklace you made for me when we were little" he said staring at the necklace.

I hummed quietly raising my eyebrow, looking down at the necklace, I had a flashback of the necklace I made for Gray, there were a few things different but it did vaguely look similar, "hah! It does" I smiled taking it off and holding it in my hand, analyzing it. I smiled and put it around his neck, before giggling quietly, "I made one like that for you before your stripping habit, it's interesting seeing you with it now that you're shirtless" I laughed analyzing his toned chest- wait what.

"I remember when he was little Lyon wished you picked up on our stripping habit" he told me as he stared down at the necklace, "did you wish I picked it up~?" I asked with a purr in my voice, "no." he answered back coldly, (A/N: *shoots finger guns* ahaaaa puns), "well then, wasn't expecting that" I said looking away from him. He muttered something under his breath but I wasn't able to clearly hear it since I was too busy being disappointed.

gray's pov

"Because I wouldn't want people looking at you like that."

She pouted her lips and looked away from me, "(y/n).", she turned her head to Laxus standing beside her, "here, found you a well paying competition, it's perfect for your magic" he told her, as he handed her a piece of paper. "Ah! T-Thanks Laxus" she stuttered bashfully rubbing her nape, he responded with a simple nod and walked off, "an ice sculpture competition? I'd ace that!" she laughed showing me the paper. "Reminds me of when-", "when you, Lyon and I would take one day off in the winter to see who could make the best ice sculpture" she beamed happily finishing my sentence.

"Yeah, takes you back huh?" I asked looking at all the requirements, S-Class wizards only, Ice Make wizards only and such, "I miss those days, what I'd give to go back" she said spinning her finger around, a mini ice tornado spinning above her index finger. "Back to the days where we'd double team Lyon?" I asked her playfully, "more like the days where me and him would double team you" she smirked. 

"Oh haha, you guys shoving ice down my boxers wasn't funny" I twitched my eyebrow annoyedly, "yes it was! Even Ur was laughing!" she started laughing and I couldn't help but laugh too. "You guys are so cute" Mira giggled walking past us, "YOU WANNA SAY THAT TO MY FACE?!" (y/n) yelled with a flustered face as red dusted her cheeks and she slammed her fist into the bench.

"You're always so shy" I teased her as I rested my cheek in my palm, leaning on the table, "I'm only shy around you daddy~" she winked playfully, "WHAT?!" I yelled falling back and accidentally sliding off the bench. "AHAHA! I GOTCHA THERE!" she started laughing, bent over holding her stomach, her (h/c) hair draping in front of her face as her mouth gaped open and her eyes were clenched shut.

(y/n)'s

"I'm kidding! I'm kidding!" I panted, 'not really' I thought as I stood upright, running my fingers through my hair as I leaned my head back, "anyway so this competition's in Crocus, so I'm gonna go pack for the trip" I chuckled grabbing the paper off the bench and walking home.

(le little time skip)

"Hey, need help packing?" Gray asked standing at my doorstep, "no, but come on in anyway" I laughed opening the door wider and letting him in, "cute place" he said looking around, "a cute place for a cute girl" I giggled walking to my bedroom and opening the door.

Jumping onto the bed I sat on the edge, "heh, I tried my best to remodel my room from when we were little" I smiled, eyeing every corner of my room, "so much nostalgia" he said sitting beside me. "Yeah.." I chuckled under my breath, "hey (y/n)?", I turned my head to him, "something wrong?" I asked him, when I met his eyes, they seemed, full, full of emotion, but I couldn't distinctly point out which emotion.

He lifted his hand, his cold fingertips touching my cheek as he cupped it inside his hand, "G-Gray.." I stuttered bashfully, "now she's shy" he muttered with a slight smirk tugging at his lips, "don't be nervous, pretend we're carefree kids again.." he whispered leaning forward. His lips inching closer and closer, leaving me in anticipation, I couldn't take the suspense, and instantly leaned forward, feeling his soft cold lips meet mine.

My arms slithered around his neck, pulling him closer, he uneasily grabbed my waist, not sure whether he should hold me or not, I tangled my fingers in his hair, meanwhile our lips still fitting themselves against each other, our tongues battling for dominance. Backing away for air we gasped, panting heavily we stared into each other eyes, "I uh... don't think kids our age should get that intimate" I murmured under my breath.

"Yeah.. they'd better not get as intimate as we're about to~"

"PERVERT!"

~~~

A/N: TeIIMe this was made for you, because i love your stories, and i know you love gray, and thanks to merry_bee for the idea since im still very uncreative.