Cobra X Girlfriend ! Reader : Surprise

~~~

~~~

You smiled brightly, pushing the door's open to meet Crime Sorciére, "oh no you're back" Jellal sighed and held his head, "you say that like you didnt miss me" you chuckled, rushing inside and jumping into the chair next to Jellal at the meeting table, "so~ where is everyone?" you asked, "Erik's out on a mission" he said calmly as he kept working. "And everyone else?" you asked, "oh dont pretend like you want to know I know you want to see Erik" he scoffed and nudged you, "hey hey I'm innocent" you whined at his judgement even though he wasn't entirely wrong. "No one understands the difficulties of a long distance relationship, just because he's my boyfriend doesn't mean I favorite him over you guys" you teased and pinched his cheek, "no that's EXACTLY what it means" he laughed as he nudged you back down into your chair so he could keep working. You see you were a part of Crime Sorciére and your main job was to go out and search for hidden dark guilds and report back to Jellal, since your entire guild's purpose was to eradicate dark guilds that cause evil in the name of Zeref.

"We're back boss!", "ERIK!" you shouted excitedly as you jumped out of the chair, "BABY!" he yelled, you ran over and jumped directly into his arms, "baby? You guys are gross" Sawyer chuckled, "the names change everytime (y/n) comes back" Sorano sighed as she pushed past, "oh piss off you're just jealous" Erik said as he accusingly pointed at the two with his arm still around you. "I was picking on Jellal let me update him on the new guild I found before we go out" you smiled, pecking his cheek and jumping onto your feet as you strolled back to Jellal, "ah... bested by Jellal" Macbeth teased Erik who hit his friend playfully. After relaying useful information to Jellal, you and Erik left the guild, "I found this pretty cool area, but I wanted you to be the only one to see it" he said as he led you on a path you didn't recognize, "ooh dump sight" you joked, he flicked your forehead, "we're the good guys now" he said making you laugh and hold his hand as you followed along.

"Are you... going to kill me and leave me here?" you teased, "if you keep asking questions I'm gonna consider it" he scoffed and ruffled your hair, "no offense but it doesn't feel like much of a threat coming from you" you provoked your taller, much more passive aggressive boyfriend. "Its like I'm being cutely threatened by a big ol dragon" you giggled, "yeah well you're about to get cutely kicked off this mountain by a big ol dragon" he said as he threw you over his shoulder, you laughed and clutched onto him for support so you didn't fall. Continuing to walk along the path and made it to the top, it was sunset, the sky was golden with tints of pink and orange, you chuckled looking out at the sky, for miles it was just mountains and open fields, if you turned around, you would see the entirety of Fiore lit up like Christmas lights. You sat down on the plains and admired the sunset, Erik sat down beside you, "isnt this nice, if you kill me here I won't mind" you said making him nudge you, you smiled and laid your head on his shoulder.

"I love you, you do know that right (y/n)?" he asked, hearing him say that, 'I love you' and your name in the same sentence never failed to make your heart flutter and your stomach jump, you smiled on instinct and nodded, "yeah, I love you too~" you cooed as you gave him a kiss, he sighed, holding your chin and pulling you back in for a deeper kiss. "I am so... so, in love with you" he muttered against your lips, "I'm so lucky to have you... I promise to never abandon you, and take care of you, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me" he continuously whispered, you pulled away and looked him in the eyes. "You're... spouting all these romantic words... is something happening Erik? You're not... dying, or anything right?" you asked in nervousness, "no no" he chuckled to ease the tension, "I just... I needed to tell you" he said worriedly, you noticed how anxious he was starting to become.

"Well whatever has you worried, dont, I'm here, and I fall in love deeper and deeper with you everyday, I still giggle and get butterflies whenever you say my name, you have nothing to worry about Erik, I'm not going anywhere" you chuckled, rubbing your nose on his before pecking his lips and hugging him tightly, he sighed in relief and buried his face into the crook of your neck, this scent, one he'd gotten so used to, one he'd fallen in love with. "(Y/n)" he said as he let you go and set you down, you hummed in confusion and tilted your head, "you know the moment I held you for the first time... everything changed? I find solace in the littlest things you do, you're like my own little compass, except every destination always leads back to you, and I find myself falling asleep every night wanting to be next to you, and I wake up hoping you'll be there waiting for me" he said as he held your hand, avoiding your eyes as he lifted it and kissed your knuckles, his left hand reaching behind him.

"You're my greatest treasure, I haven't stopped loving you and I never will" he said as he took out a box from the pocket of his jacket, "I didn't plan to make this a big deal or make it a big surprise, I wanted it to be just us, alone together in a beautiful scenery, someplace you'll be happy to remember" he said nervously as he opened the box. A simple diamond ring that glistened in the setting sun, "so... I'm not sure how this goes but uh... will you spend the rest of your life with me? Legally? After a big white and maybe some red in there somewhere wedding?" he asked, you laughed. Erik slightly panicked, thinking you were making fun of him, "you are the cutest man alive, I could never imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone other than you" you smiled, jumping into his arms and knocking him down with a grunt. He laughed and wrapped his arms around you, the two of you silently laying comfortably in the grass, "I love you" you whispered, "now that I've got you, I'm never letting you go."

~~~

a/n: i would suddenly?? die for erik?? requested by @ash_dreyar_2005