Acnologia X Reader : Thanks For The Memories

~~~

~~~

anything in italics - flashback

when you see the **, remember it, you'll see a connection to it at the end

~~~

A/N: SO if you're aware that sonya exists in acnologia's backstory, if you pretend she doesnt, it'll make this entire story easier and better to read and less confusing than if she did exist (:

~~~

You walked down the street, "did you hear?! Acnologia was spotted near Tenrue Island!", "no way! He's getting closer", you walked past the speaking bystanders and went to the pier, it was fairly empty, so you sat on the dock and kicked your feet off above the water, thinking about the name you hadn't heard in such a long time.

"Who are you?" you asked, seeing the boy sitting alone, "it's incredibly late you must be freezing" you added, taking off your big jacket and putting it over the boy, it's winter time, why is he out here? You swiped your hand, attempting to lessen the cold and make it slightly warmer but since it was winter, your weather manipulation magic wouldn't do much. "What are you doing?" he asked, he seemed angry, "you're the one out in the cold silly!" you laughed, holding out your hand, he brushed off your jacket, "hey stop being so rude! You're gonna get sick if you stay out here" you told him, worried for the stranger. "You don't even know me, leave me alone" he said, you refused, you were well known in town for being kind and you were very much the girl next door type here.

You chuckled, lightly tugging on the jacket you always wore, walking towards the other side of the island, going to the docks that faced Tenrue Island, you kicked the sand, smiling to yourself as you looked back on the memories between you and the so called monster everyone has learned to fear, the clouds started to close in towards the sun, making you suspect it would rain, not wanting to get wet, you blew out of your mouth toward the sky, blowing the clouds away and bringing the sun back out.

"It's been a whole day and you're out here again?!" you yelled, "I didn't just stay out here I went home!" he shouted back, "AHA YOU RESPONDED!" you laughed, teasing the boy, "so you got a name?" you asked, sitting beside him, he seemed annoyed when you sat down, "I know everyone in town and I'm gonna bother you until you answer me" you cooed, "Acnologia" he mumbled, "interesting, well I'm (y/n)" you said with a warm smile, he didn't respond, "I got farther than I did yesterday though" you smiled, he found your persistence annoying, but he was a bit astonished at how endearing you were considering he was trying to push you away. "You're too nice kid, don't let it get the best of you."

"I'm back!" you smiled, running over the boy who sat alone, you slid on the sand and fell, causing him to jump and turn towards you, "ow" you whined, he turned over and helped you over, making sure you didn't fall again, "thanks Acnologia" you called him by his name, he didn't respond, "so, why do you always come here?" you asked, "I like to be left alone" he said making you scratch the back of your neck unsurely. "Sorry to keep bothering you" you apologized, he peered over, "I've started to grow fond of you, dont stop coming or I'll look for you" he told me, making me smile, "maybe I should stop coming then" you teased, "don't get cocky" he said making you laugh.

You and him shared so many memories that people would call you insane if you mentioned it, your magic was weather manipulation, people referred to you as Mother Nature, as you were able to bend the sky and all of its inhabitants at your will, your magic eventually absorbed all of you, and in order to take care of Earthland, you found yourself immortal, your job to live forever and take care of the earth along with other nature mages, such as Warrod.

"You're so slow!" you whined, grabbing Acnologia's hand and bringing him to the docks, "you're so annoying" he rolled his eyes, "hey you invited me to hang out! Deal with it!" you hyffed, Acnologia asked if you wanted to stroll the island together, since you've been hanging out at night for like, six weeks now, you might as well walk around and talk instead of sitting in the comfortable silence the two of you got used to every night. The two of you sat at the dock, "you're so different you know that Acnologia? You don't like me because I'm sweet and nice to everyone, hell I don't even know if you like me" you said, laughing slightly, "but a lot of people just think of me as a nice girl in town, I actually had to work to be friends with you" you giggled, peering over at him, he was already looking at you. *"Who said I didn't like you"*

You saw a shadow, a very small silhouette in the distance, you ran towards the farthest shore and looked out, "there it is" you mumbled, seeing the island, "he's probably somewhere out there" you added, slouching your shoulders, you were confused, slightly disappointed, but a part of you wanted to go out there to the island, hoping maybe he'd be there, you wanted to see his face again.

Dragons swarmed the village, you ran, scared for your life, "(Y/N)!", you swung your head at your name, you saw Acnologia run up to you, he wrapped his arms around you, tightly hugging you against his frame, "come on!" he yelled, pulling you away from the village, "we can't just leave everyone!" you shouted back at him, "I ALREADY LOST MY FAMILY I'LL BE DAMNED IF I LOSE YOU TOO!" he screamed, tears brimming at his eyes, you were shocked, you did keep running, you trusted him, it's not like you had anyone else to go back to anyway. You heard a roar and saw dragons flaming up the place you once called home, what scared you most was when a dragon noticed you and Acnologia, and flew towards you, he was so focused on trying to get you out of there he didn't hear the dragon, you swiped your hand, a lightning bolt striking the dragon, but it was unfazed.

You had no choice and you shoved Acnologia, knocking him to the ground as the dragon grabbed you with its claws and lifted you off the ground, Acnologia yelled, you were scared, the dragon had pierced your torso in picking you up, your vision was spotty and your ears were ringing, but in the blink of an eye, you were in Acnologia's arms once again as you were the night before, the dragon laying dead in front of you. "(Y/N)!" he shouted, trying to keep you conscious, "get out of here" you told him, reaching out to grab his hand, "IM NOT LEAVING YOU HERE TO DIE!" he shouted, "save yourself, this village is doomed... don't die because of me" you said, not wanting his life to be risked because of you. "You're too nice. How many times do I need to tell you?" he asked, his voice shaking, "go" you said, he held your hand tightly, before he bent down and pressed his lips against yours, emotions washed over you, it felt like it was the last time you'd ever see him again, and little did you know it was.

You chuckled, brushing your fingers along your lips, remembering the first time he kissed you, when he pulled away he had told you he would kill every dragon and keep you safe, but by leaving you in a spot away from the village, other survivors found you unconscious from the blood loss and took you away, when you woke up, you had no idea where you were, no idea where home was, and no idea where Acnologia had gone. It's been over four hundred years since you'd seen him, he might've looked different, maybe a little handsomer, a little stronger, a little colder, nonetheless, you spent years trying to find him, wanting to see him again, wanting to hold him again, wanting to kiss him again.

You heard a roar in the distance, you looked out at the island and saw something flying away, it lunged off the island and flew into the air, it's wide wings spread far as it flew in the opposite direction of you, it was him, you knew it, but you weren't gonna chase him, he was a changed man now, he was a dragon, he wasn't the same boy that you fell in love with at the shore of your old town four hundred years ago, and that was ok, even though he's gone, he left you with memories that you never wanted to lose.

"One day, we'll meet again Acnologia"

*"Maybe I dont like you (y/n), maybe I love you."*

~~~

A/N: this was requested by @bakugo-trouble and was a fun request, i hope this lives up to what you requested, and if you'd like i can do just a straight flashback chapter of just memories and interactions of the two, this idea just popped into my head when i started writing to make the reader have flashbacks of memories, nonetheless i hope you enjoyed this chapter and thank you for requesting (: