Kid ! Natsu X Kid ! Reader : Fell In Love With My Bestfriend

~~~

~~~

a/n: this takes place in a normal world setting

~~~

"OW!" you grunted, hitting the grass, you started to cry from the pain, you were just an eight year old climbing a tree to get your cat that had climbed up it and you fell, you started sobbing when someone came up to you, "hey!", you looked up at the pink haired boy, "why are you crying?" he asked, "I-I fell..." you whispered, wiping your eyes, "my cat ran up the tree" you cried, pointing at your cat that was sitting on the branch, "hm..." the boy hummed, he started to climb the tree, effortlessly, until he also slipped off the tree, a boy ran up and caught the pink haired one, "Natsu what are earth were you thinking?! You could've gotten seriously hurt" the boy scolded the pink haired boy known as Natsu. "She was crying because her cat ran up the tree and she fell!" Natsu yelled at the boy who turned to look at you, then up at the tree, "stay here" the boy sighed and climbed up the tree, he was taller and older than you, he was able to safely get your cat out of the tree and give it back to you.

You smiled brightly and hugged your cat that snuggled in your embrace, "thank you for getting my cat... I'm (y/n)" you thanked the taller boy, he smiled, "of course (y/n), I'm Zeref, you've met my little brother already" he said, ruffling Natsu's hair, "thank you for trying to get my cat, I'm glad you didn't get hurt too" you told Natsu, he turned bright red, "r-right! You fell! Come on!" he said and grabbed your hand, running towards a house, "n-no! I shouldn't go with strangers!" you said worriedly, "Natsu? Is that you?", a woman with beautiful pink hair opened the door, "oh? Who's this?" she asked, "her name is (y/n)! She fell and she's hurt! Help her!" Natsu yelled at his mom with worry, "I never said I was hurt..." you muttered, hugging your cat tightly, "you're not hurt dear?" she asked, you shook your head, she giggled and walked inside, coming back with an ice cream cone.

"Run along dear, your parents must be worried" she said, giving you the ice cream, you took it in your free hand, "thank you!" you bowed and ran off, you went home to your parents and told them about what happened, "oh dear! You sure you're alright sweetie? Be safe next time! Maybe you shouldn't go out alone..." your dad said, "there were these two really nice boys though" you said, explaining Natsu and Zeref to them, "oh the Dragneel boys!" your mom exclaimed, "their parents are the sweetest, we wanted to introduce you and Natsu we just never got the chance to make a play date" your mom explained to you. "We were hoping that you'd be the best of friends."

[ ten years later ]

"WOOHOO!" you cheered, riding the trash can lid down the mountain, "MOVE OVER LOSER!" Natsu yelled, riding the broken dumpster lid he found in an alleyway, "RUDE!" you shouted back as the two of you raced down the mountain. When you reach the bottom the two of you hit a tree and were launched off the trash lids, hitting another tree which instead of yelling in pain, the two of you laughed, "what an epic crash" Natsu chuckled, sitting up in the snow as you shook your head. "That was wild" you groaned, holding your head, "go again?" you asked, "deal" he said and the two of you grabbed the lids and went to ride down again. When it got dark you went to Natsu's house, your parents agreeing to let you sleep over again, "hey Mr and Mrs Dragneel!" you said, walking in with Natsu, "hi (y/n)!" they greeted both of you, both you and Natsu ran upstairs to go to his room, "what are you two in a rush for?" Zeref asked as you ran in, "nothing!" you and Natsu yelled as you slammed the door, you jumped onto his bed as Natsu collapsed on his desk chair.

"So, today you took the win" Natsu groaned, you wrote on the board, everyday of winter you would race down the mountain, the one who had the most wins tallied by the first day of spring has to buy breakfast, lunch and dinner for the other everyday weekend until summer, "so that's twelve wins for me and eleven wins for you" you smiled proudly and fell onto his bed, Natsu bounced beside you and laid next to you, you rolled over and cuddled against his chest. "Man I'm wiped, today was so much colder than any other day this winter" you mumbled, "you got lucky today, I'll win tomorrow" he said, "mhm sure" you chuckled under your breath, "hey Natsu?" you asked, "hm?" he hummed, "I love you" you said quietly, he smiled and ran his fingers along your hair, twirling little pieces around his finger, he knew you were tired and wouldn't remember you said anything in the morning.

"Yeah yeah, I love you too" he laughed, "no... really" you said again, he looked down at you, you avoided his eyes, "tell me that again once you get some sleep weirdo" he teased you which made you laugh, "ok.." you mumbled, eyes drooping, he kissed the top of your head, "goodnight (y/n)" he said, but you were already fast asleep, he had gone from being a stranger, to your hero, to your bestfriend, and hopefully in the morning, your boyfriend.