Gajeel X Reader : I Cant Lose You

T/W: angsty as all hell

~~~

"DO YOU REGRET IT?!" You shouted at Gajeel, "MAYBE I DO!" he roared, the house went silent as the two of you stood across from each other, he gritted his teeth, "I never meant to fall in love with you" he snapped, pointing at himself, "I—" he started until he grabbed his hair and sighed, Pantherlily knew better than to interfere so he stood aside as me and Gajeel argued. "Forget it" he said and walked towards the door, "DONT YOU DARE SHUT ME OUT! IF YOU WALK OUT THAT DOOR WE ARE OVER GAJEEL!" you screamed at him, he paused with his hand on the door handle, he took a deep breath and opened the door, leaving without another word. You stood there shocked that he actually left, "(y/n)..." Lily started, "just go, go be with him" you assured him and he rushed out after Gajeel, you walked to the once shared bed and fell down onto it.

The next day you and Gajeel showed up at Fairy Tail separately which gave everyone the mental signal that something was wrong, it was always you, Gajeel and Lily bursting in, loudly chatting about a new mission, but the last mission was one that Laxus asked you and Gajeel to take because he got injured and promised the mission would be done on time. The mission was to get rid of Wyverns that had been terrorizing a town, out of nowhere a larger Wyvern came out of nowhere and you took it upon yourself to take it out by yourself, upon trying to fight it without Lily or Gajeel, you ended up getting thrown into the air and when you fell you landed on a fence that impaled your side, your magic wasn't one that controlled your mobility, you shared the same magic as Alzack and Bisca, except you're able to switch between your revolver and rifle the same way Erza can switch her armor.

At the end of the mission when Gajeel found you, after a week of recovery you and Gajeel started fighting, Gajeel called you reckless and thoughtless, and you said that if he were in your spot that he too would have ran forward and tried to fight it too. You and Gajeel bickered for a week until today when your argument got so bad Gajeel stepped out, you didn't wanna be home alone so you went to find Erza, you knew you could trust her with anything. As you explained the situation, you could tell by Erza's expression who's side she was on, "(y/n) that's Gajeel being worried about you" she said, "he didn't do it right" you scoffed, "(y/n) listen!" she shouted at you making you jump and look at her.

"Gajeel loves you (y/n)! You ended up in the infirmary for a week and had you landed one inch over you could have died before we even got you!" Erza yelled, "he's scared! He's angry because he could've lost you!" she snapped, you were silent, "go talk to him! (Y/n) he was just scared, confront him! I can guarantee that's why he's so mad" Erza said, "I cant, I told him that if he left that it was over" you said nervously, she put her hand on your shoulder, "it won't be for long, you two are right for each other and he really cares about you, don't let him go" she sighed, "it breaks my heart to see you two like this, don't lose each other" she said, "I don't know where he is" you mumbled, "the bar, he asked Laxus to go with him earlier" Erza explained, you immediately ran off and went to go find him.

You stumbled through the bar doors and frantically looked around for Gajeel, spotting him with his head hung at the bar and Laxus next to him, drinking from a beer mug, "Gajeel!" you yelled, running up to him, he got up without looking at you and tried to walk away, you ran to him and grabbed his wrist, "Gajeel look at me!" you pleaded, he didn't respond but he didn't fight, "how much have you had...?" you muttered, "please, can we just talk this out Gajeel?" you begged him. "I never meant to fall in love with you!" he yelled, repeating his words from your fight yesterday, "but I did! And I promised myself I would never get attached to anyone cause I didn't want to lose anymore people in my life!" he slurred, he turned around and faced you, eyes teary as you locked contact, "I love you! And you could've died! I COULDVE LOST YOU (Y/N)!" he shouted which caught the attention of everyone in the bar.

"DO YOU KNOW HOW SCARY IT WAS FOR ME?! SITTING NEXT TO YOU BLEEDING OUT CAUSE YOU WERE IN TOO MUCH PAIN TO BE CARRIED AND I DIDNT WANT TO HURT YOU ANYMORE?!" he yelled, full blown drunken cries, "it terrified me! Holding your hand! Telling you that it would be ok but I didn't know if it would be! You were bleeding so much... and I saw you close your eyes... and I thought you left me... I COULDNT LOSE YOU!" he rambled, tears falling onto the floor, "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" he yelled, you found yourself crying, you ran towards him and hugged him tightly, burying your face into his chest. "I'm sorry I ran off.. I didn't know... I just... I cant make excuses I'm sorry" you apologized, "I love you, I'm here" you repeated as he cried into your shoulder.

"Come on you two, get out of here and go home" Laxus nudged the two of you, Gajeel drunkly picked you up, you wrapped your legs around his torso, he carried you out and the two of you stumbled home, Lily was passed out at home when you and Gajeel made it home and fell into bed together. Gajeel smelled strongly of alcohol, but you didn't mind, it just felt nice to be in his arms again, "I'm sorry... I love you, I just fell so deeply in love with you that I never want to lose you, and the fact that I almost lost you scared me to death, and I wanted to run, because I didn't want to lose you, but not being with you everyday is so much worse than not having you in my life anymore, I promise to stay next to you until we die ok...? But don't die... or... I'll have to... kill you" he started to slow his words and he fell asleep next to you.

You silently cried looking at Gajeel, he wasn't emotional at all so seeing him like this broke your heart, but it made you happy to know just how much you meant to him, and you were damn sure gonna spend the rest of your life showing him how much he means to you.