Zeref X Soulmate ! Reader : Red String Of Fate

~~~

~~~

an invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance, the string may stretch or tangle but it will never break.

~~~

"I'm so tired man" you complained, flopping onto the bed, "then sleep (y/n) its really not that hard" Lucy scoffed, "I know but I'm gonna keep complaining because it annoys you" you said making her laugh and tackle you, "go to sleep!" she said and shoved a pillow in your face before going to her bed, "love you bestie~" you sang. "Yeah yeah love you too" she sighed and covered herself with the blanket, her back facing you, UOU closed your eyes and within a few minutes you had easily drifted off to sleep, but it wasn't what you expected. You opened your eyes, seeing a red string tied around your pinky, "what the..." you mumbled and tried to untie it, but it refused to come off, you gave up after a few minutes and looked to see the string leading off to somewhere in the forest, you didn't recognize the forest, but you decided to follow the string anyway.

It was such a long walk and tiring, werent you supposed to be sleeping? "This is the worst dream, I am so lazy" you sighed and kept following the string, "wait a second" you said, seeing someone far off, but the string was leading right to them, it was attached to their hand, they were staring at it, "hey!" you yelled, they were just about to turn around, "(Y/N) GET UP!", you shot up, seeing Lucy all dressed next to you, "NO NO NO WAIT!" you yelled, laying back down and closing your eyes, there was no way you'd be able to go back to sleep, "what's going on?" she asked, "ugh" you groaned, "nevermind" you shook it off and went about your day as normal. When you fell back asleep the same night, it happened again, you woke up in the forest, this time you moved faster, running towards the string, and just like where you left off, there was a boy standing in front of you.

"Are you the girl from yesterday?" he asked, turning around, wow he was cute, "are you the boy from yesterday?" you asked, he smiled weakly, "yeah" he nodded, you smiled back and nodded too, "so, we must be in a dream" he said, looking up at the sky, "a dream huh?" you whispered, "well that would make the most sense, I can't use my magic in here" he said, holding out his hand but nothing happened. "Hey so, what is this stupid string?" you asked, tugging on the red string connecting your two pinkies, "dont know, but I can say if it caused us to meet again I'm glad" he smiled at you, "I'm Zeref" he introduced himself, "I'm (y/n)" you smiled, "so, we're dream buddies?"

A week flew by and every night you got to talk to Zeref and speak with him, every night there was a red string connecting the two of you, "you're really pretty you know that (y/n)?" he asked, "o-oh you think so?" you asked shyly, "I don't get to embrace people outside of this dream, my magic would kill them, and it feels nice to have you here, to be able to... be near you, and you're so beautiful, I wonder why I was lucky enough to be here" he rambled on, you rubbed the back of your neck, "maybe I'll find out somethings, find out what this string means, someone's bound to know right?" you said, standing up with excitement, "tomorrow! I'll find out tomorrow" you said excitedly, Zeref smiled seeing you jump up and down with joy, "can we just enjoy now a little longer?" he asked, opening his arms, you giggled and fell back onto the grass, leaning against his chest, "sure, sounds good."

The next day you fell asleep with a book in your arms that Porlyusica gave to you, when you fell asleep, you woke up on the grass with the book next to you, you scrambled to your feet, taking the book and running to the end of the string, "Zeref! Zeref look at this!" you squealed with excitement, sliding next to him and opening the book, "look! an invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance, the string may stretch or tangle but it will never break" you read, "but it wasn't invisible?" you asked him, "maybe it's because we're in a dream, but in reality there's nothing there you know?" you asked, "so... we're soulmates?" he asked, "o-oh... I guess it says that huh?" you asked embarassedly. He smiled weakly seeing your bashful reaction, "what I wouldn't give to be with you outside of this dream" he whispered, "well... let's just enjoy these dreams while we can, I dont know if they'll stop" you said quietly.

He pulled you closer, "(y/n) I'll never be able to do this in person, can I please kiss you?" he whispered, you turned red, your cheeks got hot and you started getting embarrassed, "please." you whispered back, Zeref kissed you softly, holding the back of your head gently with his hand, fingers running through your hair, it was so innocent, when you pulled back and looked at Zeref, his eyes were all big and scared, "I really like you... I miss being around people, you being here... it's amazing (y/n)" he whispered, "we're soulmates, we got to meet against all odds, I'd rather meet you every night than never at all" you whispered, resting your forehead against his, "I love you."

"Until tomorrow night Zeref!"

"Until tomorrow night (y/n)"

~~~

A/N: omg why haven't i done a soulmate au sooner, also you guys liked my last chapter it really means a lot to those who comment, thank you so much (': <3