Freed X Soulmate ! Reader : Open My Eyes, Literally

~~~ finally you have met the goal, may you see the color in your life, with the one who shares your soul, the curse is lifted and all is left right ~~~

"Hey Laxus!" you shouted, running into the guild, "what color is this stupid flower?!" you asked your best friend, "you're so silly" Laxus laughed, "it's red, by the way" he said, I laughed, "ok thank you" you smiled, holding the flower close, "AH THERE ARE THORNS (Y/N)!", Freed ran over and pulled the flower away, "ow!" Freed snapped, cutting his hand on the thorns instead of me. "Freed! Wait! I'll help you" you said, pulling him to the bathroom, see, you were colorblind, and it was the extremely rare one where everything is literally fifty shades of grey, and that's how it's been since you were little. "Sorry, I must be losing my actual vision for not seeing those thorns" you joked, wrapping up Freed's hand, "oh no... no need to worry" he said shyly, after you finished helping Freed to rushed back to Laxus to whom you've had a crush on since you met him.

"So embarrassing story, I was out on the town today, and I went to go buy some food right? And I left my wallet on the counter on accident, and someone behind me yelled 'hey you in the blue shirt'" you told him, "you had no idea you're wearing a blue shirt did you?" he asked, "I thought it was red!" I whined making Laxus laugh, "you're so cute", "god Freed please just ask her out already" Bickslow complained, "but she likes Laxus" Freed scoffed, "so?! Get her before she makes a move on him, or WORSE, he makes a move on her" Evergreen warned him, "just please, try Freed, Laxus isn't interested, he sees her like a little sister and you're painfully in love, go to her" Bickslow said as his babies started swarming Freed, "I dont wanna ruin our friendship" Freed admitted quietly, "ugh (Y/N)!" Evergreen roared and you looked over.

You went over to the three, "what's up guys?" you asked, "wanna go sightseeing with Freed?" Evergreen asked, "huh?" you tilted your head, "WHAT?!" Freed yelled at the two, "yeah Freed wants to go to the park with you" Bickslow gave a sly smile, "really?" you asked, looking at Freed, "y-yeah" he stuttered, his cheeks red, you smiled, "well let's go" you said proudly, thinking it was nothing more than just the two of you hanging out. The two of you went to a huge park, one that was famous for its vibrant colors and beautiful animals roaming around which was unfortunate for you, but you still took time to enjoy your surroundings despite not being able to fully enjoy them. "That bird is a very vibrant blue, like a royal color" he depicted, "hey, look at this fish, it's a koi fish, it's a really pretty orange" he said, pointing to one of the fish swimming around in the koi pond.

"Hey (y/n), what color is this", you threw your shoe at Freed, he laughed and dodged it, "shut up Freed" you scoffed, he wrapped his arm around you, "you see (y/n), one day I will get you your sight, and that's a promise" he said, you smiled, shaking your head, "right" you nodded weakly, not believing him but encouraging him anyway, "so, just how beautiful is this park, on a scale of 1-10" you asked Freed, "without you? Zero" he said, "without me?" you asked, tilting your head, "y-you're the ten" he stuttered, "DAMN IT!" he cursed himself for slipping on his words which made you giggle, "why are you so shy around me come on! I'm always with you guys" you told him, referencing how you're always near Laxus. "Yeah well... you're always near Laxus" he mumbled, "well... do you want me to hang out with you more?" you asked, genuinely asking, but Freed took that a whole different way.

"I-I'M NOT SAYING YOU HAVE TO BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH YOU BECAUSE YOURE REALLY BEAUTIFUL AND IT WOULD—" he started, you pushed your finger to his lip, "Freed" you laughed, "do you like me?" you asked, Freed's heart skipped a beat, "u-uh... it's just that.. you like Laxus... and I—" he was fumbling over his words, "that's not what I asked Freed" you said, eyeing him down, he looked away embarassedly, "yes.." he whispered, you smiled, leaning forward and giving him a kiss. When you leaned back opening your eyes, everything was in color, "F-Freed..." you stuttered, looking at him, "what?" he asked, his cheeks were red, his eyes were a beautiful blue, "y-your hair is green?" you asked, his eyes widened. "(Y/n)! You can see me?! Like in color?" he asked, "I-I dont know what happened" you answered embarassedly, "what's going on..." he said, "well, you really did get me my sight back like you promised" you said shyly, your eyes were watering from seeing Freed in color.

"Come on, let's go to the guild" he said, helping you up, you looked around the park, "wow... this park is a twenty if I'm a ten" you teased making him laugh and nudge you, you wanted to see the guild in color as a surprise, so Freed guided you home, when you made it there you heard the familiar voices, "Freed why is she fully blind" Bickslow said, "uh, something happened and we can't really explain it" Freed said, "Freed what the hell did you do" Laxus asked, "I can see everyone in color" you admitted, it went silent, "that's impossible" Evergreen said, you opened your eyes slowly and looked at the color inside the guild hall, you looked at the Thunder Legion and saw how beautiful they all looked, Laxus' blonde hair, Bickslow's blue hair, Evergreens vibrant green dress, you started crying, AGAIN, "Evergreen your green dress is so pretty... and Bickslow your blue hair really suits you, and Laxus, you're really handsome as a blonde" you smiled brightly.

"(Y/N) CAN SEE IN COLOR!" Laxus shouted throughout the guild hall and everyone rushed to see you, "(y/n)? You're seeing in color?" Gramps approached you, "y-yeah... how?" you asked, hoping he would know, "when you were born you were cursed by a black mage, she took away your ability to see color and it could only be resolved by falling in love with your soulmate, as you know soulmates aren't exactly a normality here and it's more of a belief so, when me and Porlyusica found you and she identified the curse, we didn't believe it would be possible for your curse to be lifted" he explained, "so... I found my soulmate?" you asked, and you looked back at Freed, "that's the only way it could be lifted" Gramps said, you giggled and ran over to Freed, giving him a tight hug, "you literally opened my eyes Freed" you laughed, "I love you" you admitted, "oh man I thought I was gonna say it first" he laughed, "I love you too" he smiled.

~~~

a/n: requested by @pokeprism14 yeaaaaaaahhh