-Chapter 8

-Chapter 8: The Holding of a Secret!

"Kara, you have been silent all day long," Hiiro says. "What has happened to make you so silent? Are you still mad about what the other day?"

Hiiro has noticed the change in me? Well, I can't be honest with him on this matter. A promise is a promise and that is that.

"I just had a rough night," I tell him, placing my head against the table. "I couldn't get much sleep."

I have been hanging out with a Bugster. And I didn't know that the Bugster was a Bugster. How come this is happening to me? What did I do wrong in a past life or whatever? I just know I must have done something to someone in order for this to happen.

"I see. Well, I guess you can just stay here and relax. Or possibly have the day off." Is he trying to make up for upsetting me the other day? I bet I'm not the only one he got upset. Emu was upset too.

"I'll just take the day off. I'm going to go and relax now, okay?" I lift my head off the table and get up, moving away from my seat. I push it in and look at Hiiro. "Take care of yourself."

"Okay, I'll do that."

"Good." I nod and I step to the exit and leave the break room.

I approach the elevator and press the button. It opens up a few moments later and I step in. I press the first floor button, not the underground CR button, and step back. The elevator door closes and it bounces a bit. Well, feels like it is bouncing.

I close my eyes, listening to the music. What song is this an instrumental of? It seems super familiar. Like I heard it on TV or something.

Ding!

The elevator stops and I open my eyes, staring out the elevator. Kuroto Dan stands outside of it, holding a briefcase and looking totally official. Officially hot. Did I just really think that about him? Yuck!

I step out of the elevator, moving around him. Don't look at him. He's only a huge jerk who has no regard for sick people who need help.

"Hey, Kara," Dan says and I stop. Why in the world am I stopping for him? He doesn't deserve me to do this!

I move forward, stepping towards the front doors of the hospital. I push it open and step out, looking down at the ground. Something pulls me back and I look up, staring straight into Dan's eyes.

"Dan, I see you're stopping me. You have to let me go, it is my off day," I tell him, glaring.

"I told you to call me Kuroto."

"Sorry, my bad. It just slipped out," I lie. "It just came out of my mouth before I could stop it."

"I'm sorry about the other day. However, I was saying the truth and you should understand that. People will take advantage of people like you and Emu. You two are very kind and you want to help people. I just wanted you to know that the wrong people will take advantage of that and get you into trouble. As you see, the criminal that took the gashats wasn't good at all."

"Hiiro filled you in on what took place," I say. "I see then."

"He told me that you two found the rider who is using the prototype of the gashat Emu uses."

"Prototype?" I look at him in confusion. What is a prototype gashat?

"It is the original version of the gashat. I fixed them up because those prototype gashats were the ones that caused Zero Day," Dan explains, answering my question. "Kara, I'm trying to help you guys."

"You can't possibly help me. I have nothing to do with what your riders do," I state. "And I wouldn't want to be one under you anyways."

"Kara, why are you being like this? Don't you trust me?"