-Chapter 68

-Chapter 68: Tragic Destiny Part 2

I follow the people from the ambulance as we enter the hospital, rushing Taiga into the building. This is an emergency. A very, very serious one!

"He has a major injury to his chest and even though we can't really see it, he may have internal bleeding," one of the guys says.

"I think he'll have a lot of damage around the heart," I state. I can't know for sure that he does but I have a feeling that is the case. If that is the case, then we're going to need a good surgeon.

"What is going on here?" Mr. Kagami asks and I stop.

"Keep going on without me," I tell them and one of the other guys nods his head. "Director, Taiga has multiple injuries from fighting with Graphite. I don't know the extent of the damage but I think it may be his heart that has a major problem. If that is the case and I certainly hope it isn't, you're going to need to find a great surgeon who excels in heart surgery."

"Who do I call for that?" He looks me in the eyes sadly.

"There is only one person I can think of but you're going to have to wait on calling them. We have to wait for the scans, okay? We may even need an ultrasound if things are even worse off. I can't know all the things we need since I'm no doctor, okay? Everything I think may be going on could be wrong. Take my words as a grain of salt."

"Kara, what are we going to do if we can't get a good surgeon? My hospital will be seen as terrible! What will the Ministry think?" His eyes go wide.

I sigh heavily. "Please don't panic, okay? We're doing our best to handle the situation at hand. Emu, come with me," I order as Emu moves closer to me. "Everyone else you're going to have to stay here. Poppy, keep everyone calm in the waiting area for families. Thank you."

"Will do!" Poppy replies.

I turn away with Emu and rush towards where they're taking Taiga. Emu follows, his footsteps echoing with mine. We're going to need to take care of Taiga as soon as possible.

"Kara, how is he?" Emu asks me.

"He hasn't woken up yet," I state, not looking back at him as we approach the doors where Taiga is. I stop and move towards the scanner on the wall and hold out my ID towards it, scanning it. "His injuries are serious. They're life-threatening in my opinion, Emu. I can't say for sure what is going on though."

"Your outfit," Emu says, heading to the doors while staring at me.

"It is his blood. It got everywhere basically when I was handling him. The Director had to give me special clearance to handle this." I move towards the doors and we go through them.

"You should head out for a bit, Kara. You deserve a break," Emu tells me.

"I'm not taking break until we figure out what is going on with Taiga. I refuse to stop knowing Miyuki's true love is in danger," I state.

"Kara, you can't over work yourself like this. You're going to end up stressing yourself out and getting yourself killed. Serene probably doesn't want that to happen," Emu warns me. He's right. Serene wouldn't want me to get super stressed out.

If you got stressed out, I would take you over. I would release your stress.

How comforting.

"Kara, you should take a break. I'll update you on whatever they find out," Emu tells me, placing a hand on my arm gently. "Alright?"

I look him in the eyes and nod my head slowly. "Yeah, I'll take a break. I'll be in the CR. Call the CR if you get an update, okay?"