-Chapter 35

-Chapter 35: Virus

"I see that he told the world about the Bugster Virus," I say, looking away from the monitor. "The world is going to be freaking out over it from now on. This is only going to make our jobs harder. Thank you, Kuroto Dan." I look down, staring at the empty table.

"We're probably going to have false reports of the virus since people will end up paranoid and think they really have it," Hiiro states. "We're going to have to take it seriously and check them from actual signs of the illness."

"Yeah..." I nod my head. "I heard Emu has a surgical internship now. Is that true?" I look up at Hiiro and he nods his head. "I bet that is driving you insane. He's not ready for that type of duty, right?"

"He can't let his emotions dictate everything he does. If he stays level headed, he'll be fine when he needs to do a surgery. I just hate how I'm the one they picked to watch him practice."

"You're the most qualified candidate for the job, Hiiro. If you weren't so good at what you do, you wouldn't be here right now. You would be doing something else, right?" I look away, smirking a bit. "I am glad I became a nurse. I can't handle dealing with that kind of work you do. It'll be too much for me. I'll be holding someone's life in my hands and that is just too much responsibility for me."

"And being part of the CR isn't too much for you?"

"It would be if I didn't have you guys to back me up when we go in and remove the Bugster from the host. Anyways, it is about to get messy in here and I'm not going to ignore my actual job by staying here all day talking with you."

"I have a surgery to do at some point but right now I need to focus on training my intern. I should make him get me a cake."

"You should." I get up. "Well, I'm going to head out. Do you want me to grab anything for you to make your time with Emu more tolerable?"

"No, I have some cake here. I just want to make him get me a new cake just for the heck of it. It'll at least bring me some satisfaction when I watch over him."

I laugh. "That sounds like a good idea," I reply. "Well, I'm heading off. You better treat your Intern buddy very well or else he'll feel like he's trapped in some sort of hell."

"I won't do anything too crazy."

"Good." I turn away, heading towards the exit as the door opens. "Hey, what are you doing wearing that, Asuna?"

Poppy looks at me cutely. "I found a pink dress! Isn't it the cutest?" She twirls around, showing me her beautiful pink nurse's gown. Even though I hate the color pink, I have to admit she makes it look beautiful.

"Uh...Pink isn't my color but it is definitely your color. Why don't you go show Hiiro what you're wearing, okay?" I point over to my ex, smiling. "Have fun."

"I'll try to."

I leave the room, looking down at the ground. Dan finally got what he wanted in the world. Everyone knows about the Bugster Virus now and that isn't the greatest thing to have people know in the world. I get people have the right to know about what is going on but I don't want my job becoming more difficult. It is already difficult enough to do what I am currently doing.

"Kara!"

I look up, meeting Emu's eyes. "How are you, Emu?"

"I'm good but I'm tired because of Hiiro. He's been working me really hard," he answers, smiling his usual goofy smile. The person I feel the worst about lying to is Emu. He's literally so sweet and all I'm doing is misleading him with my intentions.