-Chapter 27

-Chapter 27: Break the Ice

Kiriya Kujo looks at me as I get the IV removed. "Did you seriously faint again? Are you coming down with something?" he asks me and he moves closer to me, placing a hand on my forehead gently. "And is this a wig?"

"Do you think purple hair will go over well with the people here at work?" I ask him and he shakes his head. "And yes, I did faint again. I fainted when I was with someone and they took me to someone else which ended up being Kuroto Dan."

"And he decided to bring you here?" He removes his hand from my forehead. "You're not sick at all. Maybe it is stress related?"

"Possibly."

"If you die from something mysteriously, can I figure out why you died?"

"Are you trying to make me laugh?" I look over at the Nurse who removed my IV. "Thank you so much."

"No problem." She leaves the room with the IV as Miyuki enters the room.

"Hey, Hiiro sent me to finish up where this Nurse left off. He said you would be more comfortable with someone you trust. I heard you were a bit dehydrated. Did you forget to take care of yourself?"

"Dehydrated? No wonder why you constantly pass out. You should take care of yourself," Kiriya says, causing Miyuki to look at him in confusion. "What is it?"

"Are you two dating?"

Kiriya laughs. "Do you want me to date her?"

"You're not her type." Miyuki looks at me. "Right, Kara?"

"Yeah, he's not my type."

"Are you sure that I'm not?" Kiriya smiles, laughing a bit. "Anyways, I'm going to go now. I don't want to keep pestering you, Kara." He turns and I reach out, grabbing his wrist. He turns slightly, staring at me curiously.

"Don't go."

Miyuki stares at me questioningly. "Kara?"

"Miyuki, please go. I'll be able to handle anything wrong with me myself. I have the training, right?"

"But you shouldn't do it yourself!"

"Miyuki, I can handle myself."

She pouts and turns and leaves the room, leaving me with the coroner. "Why did you want me to not go?" Kiriya asks me, smiling his usual smile. His smile can cleanse the world.

"I don't want to be alone."

"What about your boyfriend?"

"Kuroto is busy with work." More like he's busy working with Graphite and Parad on infecting the masses. "Please don't leave me alone."

"Isn't your arm going to bruise?" Kiriya asks.

"It'll be fine."

"And if you get a scar?"

"What about that?"

"It'll be bad." Kiriya looks down at my hand on his wrist. "Can you let my wrist go now? I'm going to stay by your side."

"Thank you." I release his wrist and he goes over to the other side of the bed and takes a seat in the chair next to it. "Kiriya, I'm sorry that I'm forcing you to stay by me."

"Don't be sorry. I enjoy being around you," he tells me, smiling a huge smile. Who knew that he could make his smile go even bigger?

"How did you figure out who the black rider was?"

"I saw him transform."

"I see."

"Is that why you want me here? You having relationship issues?"