-Chapter 75

-Chapter 75: Elimination Game

(Serene's POV)

I stare at Graphite as he looks between me, Parad, and Poppy. It is raining all over him and Parad and they don't even care. It isn't raining on me because I'm standing under an umbrella with Poppy. She won't let me get wet at all despite not liking me all that much.

"Graphite, you're the only way we can beat him right now. Emu doesn't have his pause ability anymore and we can live in peace together," Parad pleads, trying to get his friend to turn a new leaf. I don't blame him for trying. I would beg a friend to join me and not be an enemy.

Graphite looks at Parad with a serious expression on his face. "You have picked what you want to do so please stick to that. I'm not going to be joining you anytime soon."

"Graphite, you can team up with us and beat this game with us," I say, trying to convince him to join us too. I'm not going to let Parad do this alone.

"Why is she the one being a Kamen Rider?" Graphite asks, changing the subject suddenly. He isn't allowed to change the subject! Only we can change the subject, not him!

Parad shakes Graphite, holding onto his shirt tightly. "Graphite, please..."

Graphite pushes him back. "I'm doing my own thing, Parad." He teleports away, leaving us alone in the rain together. Someone's moody for no reason at all. He's just pressed that he is all alone now and infected with the Gemdeus virus.

Parad turns to me, staring me in the eyes. "If he doesn't join us, he'll be killed again by Hiiro and Taiga." He is so worried about his friend. It is so touching!

"He's a dunce," I say, rolling my eyes. "Maybe he has a death wish."

"No, Graphite doesn't want to be dead. No one wants to be dead," Parad tells me, looking down at his feet. He is so soaking wet and he doesn't even care. Not like he's going to catch a cold or anything.

"I'm alright with dying one day when I have lived long enough with Kara." I move forward, stepping out from under the umbrella. The rain hits me, wetting my hair and clothes. "Parad, we have to do what we can to make this a good situation. If we stop them from killing Graphite, we'll be okay."

"I'll head to the CR and report to Emu," Parad tells me, looking away. He is so precious and sweet. Now that he has become good, he is showing a new side to himself.

I have to make this a good resolution for us. If Graphite dies, we'll end up losing against Masamune and his Kamen Rider Cronus powers. And we can't have that.

"Parad..." Poppy moves forward, holding onto her umbrella tightly. "We can still fix this! We can still stop Graphite from wasting his life!"

"We can save him," I add, moving even closer to Parad. I place a hand on his shoulder. "You have to believe me on this, okay? The right thing will happen."

"I need to go back to the CR and check on my woman," Parad states, ignoring what I'm saying. He is in some sort of shock right now. Maybe by Graphite's choice?

"Parad, don't avoid this conversation," I snap, glaring at him as I hold onto his shoulder tightly. "You have to believe that the best thing is going to happen."

"It will happen and I'm not ignoring you. I just don't have a comment on it."

"Okay, that's fine," I reply, looking away from him. "You should go and check on her right now. Kara probably needs you after hanging out with Masamune all day the other day. How does she even put up with him?"