-Chapter 50

-Chapter 50: The Shocking Arrival!

I place all my files down at the Nurse's desk, sighing heavily. After the other day, Hiiro has had me working outside the CR. Apparently, my love for Parad has been distracting me. How am I supposed to not get distracted by my love for Parad? He is the dreamiest man I have ever seen!

"What has you working back up here? I heard you were transferred," Yuno asks me.

"I was transferred but I am eligible to work at any part of the hospital according to the Director and his spoiled son, Hiiro," I answer. "So, I'm working up here with you all. I have already been yelled at by a doctor who didn't care for my opinion on something. He's wrong you know? He shouldn't have sent that person home."

"You know you shouldn't speak like that to a doctor. I know Hiiro tolerates your comments but the others won't," Yuno tells me. "Oh, where did Miyuki vanish off to?"

"She's working at another hospital according to Hiiro. I saw her the other day with her boyfriend," I answer, sighing heavily.

"I heard that you got married. Is that true?"

"Oh, yeah," I answer, nodding. "I did. He died not too long after the wedding though."

"Oh, I'm sorry for your loss," she says, frowning. "I didn't know about that."

"It is fine, don't worry about it," I reply. "You don't have to feel too bad about bringing it up. I am used to questions about my late husband. Everyone usually asks me about him."

"How did he die?"

"He was murdered."

"Oh, that is terrible!"

I nod my head and look over at the window. I'm used to him being dead now and I have come to accept that Parad killed him. I can't let Parad off the hook though. I do have to punish him and me breaking up with him isn't enough punishment.

"Did they catch the person?"

"No."

"Do you know who did it?"

"I have a feeling that I do."

Ring! Ring! Ring!

"Hello? Kara needs to report to her regular unit that she transferred to? She needs to be there right now? Oh, okay," Yuno says into the phone. "I'll send her there now." She hangs up. "Hiiro is telling you to head to where you typically are assigned."

I look at Yuno and nods. "Alright."

I wonder what is up.

~.~

I step into the CR, looking at the ground. I sigh heavily. I am going to have to apologize to all of them for being all over Parad. It is just I can't afford to lose him after losing Kuroto. If I lose another person I love, I'll freak out. I will lose it.

"You have finally arrived, Kara!" Poppy shouts and I look up, staring at her and the others. I unconsciously made it to this area of the CR. How nice!

My eyes land on a familiar looking outline. That suit...that hair...is that? No way! He's...He's dead!

I step back, stumbling a bit. "K-Kuroto?"

He looks over at me, his eyes looking me over. "Kara!" He stands up and he rushes over to me, hooking his arms around me. "I was so terrible to you before I died. I am so glad we can finally start having time together again. It is so great to see you!"

Tears fill my eyes and I bring my arms up, wrapping them around his waist. "Kuroto...I missed you...I freaked out when you died. I...I have the Bugster Virus."