Chapter 52

-Chapter 52: Try Again

"Give me my level fifty back right now," I say, looking the man known as Cronus in the eyes as he takes a sip of his tea. "Please."

"No, it is against the new rules I have made," he tells me, putting his tea down. "Close the door, Kara. We should be talking in private. Also, I'm working on my new office currently. It is rough remodeling other rooms here at Genm Corp."

"Why do I have to do that?" I ask.

"I have an image to keep."

"I'll see you-"

"Do it."

"Fine." I move away from where he is sitting and over to the door, placing my hand on the knob. I shut the door and turn to face him. "Better?"

"Yes, that is much better," he answers. "Would you like to take a seat? Also, do you want some tea? I have some cups over there you can use."

"No, I don't need any." I don't trust any drink that comes from him. He's obviously up to no good and is trying to take over this entire thing to make this his universe.

"Kara, please."

"You're using my real name?"

"Of course I am using your real name. We're having a meeting right now at a building where people can sneak up and listen to your conversations with other people at. Also, it would be strange to be calling my daughter-in-law by her game's name. Don't you think?"

"Sure, sure," I say, nodding. "That is totally a good answer to that question." I sit down across from him, which is my typical seat here in this office. This is where I used to bother Kuroto at all the time. "So, can I have my level fifty back?"

"I already told you the answer to that, Kara." He takes another sip of his tea, staring at me with his dark eyes. He puts it back down, smiling slightly. Ugh...creepy!

"Why can't I have it back?"

"It is a waste to ask such things. Besides, your Gashat is completely useless against me. You cannot beat me, Kara." He picks up his tea and takes a sip of it. "How is your marriage going?"

"It is alright," I answer. "Why?"

He smiles, putting the tea down. "I'm allowed to ask about your marriage to my son. We're family now, aren't we? Isn't it logical for me to ask such a thing?"

"Bullshit."

"Watch your mouth."

"Sorry, I meant to say that you're full of shit." I smile.

"Again, watch it."

"My bad." I smile wider.

"Mrs. Foundation X, would you like to actually be decent or is that not even in your nature?" Masamune questions.

"Screw you," I state, glaring at him.

"Do you want that, Kara?" He moves forward a bit, making sure not to knock over his precious tea. Is this man being serious right now?

I laugh. "Ew, that is disgusting! Why would you even ask me about that?" I wouldn't even think of such a thing! That would just make me sick to my stomach.

"I'll take good care of your level fifty for you, Kara. Also, the way you act in this office is like you own it. Why do you seem that way?"

"I was owned on it," I state.

"What?"

"Oh, nothing. I was just making a horrible joke," I mutter out, looking away. Well, that was completely wrong of me to say. How embarrassing!