-Chapter 72

-Chapter 72: Rough Morning

Masamune places his cup down on the table as I sit down. I'm wearing a jacket over my outfit because if I didn't, he could see the obvious slight bump. I don't want him to know about his children because he isn't capable of being a father to them. He wants them to become like him.

"How have you been lately? Your Bugster has been doing your work for you for some reason. Why would that be?" Masamune asks me, looking me in the eyes.

"So, is this how it is going to be?" I lean back a bit as a lady puts down a cup of tea for me. "Thank you so much." I bow my head a bit and look back at Masamune. "I was letting her play. Serene deserves to play this game as much as I do."

"I would trust you on your reasoning but I have a feeling you're hiding something. You were missing for a few weeks," he states, looking down at his tea. He picks it up and takes a sip of it.

"I have nothing to hide from you, Masamune. Serene wanted to play and I allowed her to. Why can't you leave it at that?" I pick up the tea and take a long sip of it, closing my eyes. I swallow the nice liquid that is warm and open my eyes back up. "Serene will even tell you the same thing."

"I was confused at first but then I thought of something that could have happened to you. When your ex-lover lost to your co-worker at the CR, you must have found yourself in a difficult position. Did you attempt to end your life?"

"I didn't attempt to do anything to myself," I answer. "I was simply in need of resting. I am back in top gear now and can live my life freely. If she wants to keep playing, I'll let her play."

"I really thought it was you who came to challenge me but I figured you wouldn't transform beforehand. Now, why would your ex-boyfriend try hiding that kind of thing from me?"

I shrug. "I have no clue why he would. That is his business, Masamune."

"You're obviously hiding something from me."

"Even if I was, Masamune, it wouldn't be any of your business to know what I'm hiding. Now, is this all you invited me out for? If so, I'll go."

"Why would you want to go in the middle of a meeting? We can meet as two civilized adults, can't we?"

I look away from him, sighing heavily. "Okay, we can. I'll leave after finishing my tea, got it?" I look back at him. "I don't see the point of bothering me today, Masamune. You could have picked a different day to bother me. Why today?"

"I just wanted to talk with you."

I feel like I'm going to throw up. Why do I have to feel like that right now? This is the first time I have had morning sickness crashing into my day.

"Is something wrong? You look like you want to throw up."

"That's...that's because I do." I stand up. "Where is the bathroom?"

"Here, just use this." I look down at his hands as he holds out a bag. "It doesn't have any holes and it is perfect for throwing up into. What has you sick today?" I can't tell him about the babies.

"That is why I've been out. I have been fighting a serious cold," I tell him, lying. "Hiiro wouldn't let me fight while being sick. I thought I was over it."

"I see. Well, that explains a lot. Do you have a stomach bug?"

"Yeah, I would assume so." I really want to throw up now. I take the bag and open it. "Can you keep my hair out of my face, Masamune?"

"That is only appropriate. No one else is here by the way. I rented this entire place just so we could discuss things in private," he says, getting up from his seat. He moves behind me and he grabs my hair gently, not pulling on it. He's being proper today. "Go on, get sick."