-Chapter 58

-Chapter 58: Damaged Lady

(Note: Implied sexual acts done. Nothing is written out. I'll keep putting this as a courtesy from now on because I'm sure younger readers do stumble upon this. Thanks)

I move towards Masamune as he approaches us in his Cronus form. I can't believe I arrived to this. And all I freaking have is my level two Gashat!

"Kara, what are you doing here?" Taiga asks me. "Are you here to help me out with your lack of power?"

"Shut up and just accept my help!" I shout. He's so annoying and I don't get how Miyuki puts up with him.

Masamune goes towards Taiga, ignoring me. How rude! I'm worth fighting despite this form! He is the one who left me with it anyways!

He punches Taiga back and Taiga stumbles backgrounds. Taiga is being pretty reckless but so am I. I'm not being a good girl.

"Taiga, stop being reckless!" Asuna shouts.

(Pause)

(Restart)

I fall down to my knees, my transformation ending. I hold my chest, coughing. Ouch! I didn't deserve that much pain. Freaking asshole!

"Kara!" Asuna shouts, her voice full of fear.

I look up. "I'm fine..." I can't talk too loud. I'm in so much pain right now.

"Cronus, we'll be fighting you!" Nico shouts. I forgot she was even here. Sometimes she just blends right into the background.

Masamune turns around, still in his Cronus form. "Do you two wish to be discontinued?" he asks. Taiga fires at him with Nico.

"Now!"

I turn around as much as I can as Emu fires one of his magical reprogramming beams at Kiriya. Kiriya grabs the Bugster next to him and holds him out as a shield. The Bugster explodes and it goes through, hitting Kiriya. He is now flying through the air! Wow!

"Game Clear!" There is the game announcement and Kiriya is now on the ground in pain.

Emu cancels his transformation and rushes towards Kiriya. He gets on his knees and looks over Kiriya. He really does care for him!

"Kiriya, are you alright?" Emu asks. "Kiriya, please! Please...you have to come back!"

Kiriya gets up, staring at Emu. "Emu..." He smiles.

Emu gets up, smiling. "Kiriya..."

Kiriya lifts up his leg, spinning and hitting Emu right in the face. Oh, that didn't look so good! How come the reprogramming didn't work?

Emu lands in the water and I try to get up. I need to move over to him to check on him. That is my duty as a Nurse! Emu needs help right now and possibly some treatment for some swelling!

"What? The reprogramming should have worked!"

"I think you got the wrong idea," Kiriya states.

"Huh? What does he mean?" I mutter out.

"I'm the same old me," Kiriya states.

"He's following my orders on his own. He has a free will," Masamune says, explaining what Kiriya met. No way! The Kiriya I know and love wouldn't do that!

"So, he wasn't reprogrammed to follow him?"

"On Christmas...I did everything to trust you," Kiriya says. "But you couldn't eliminate the Bugsters." He's being so harsh towards Emu right now!