-Chapter 39

-Chapter 39: The Genius Gamer

"I'm fine, don't worry about me!" Emu shouts, pulling a game out of his pocket. That seems oddly familiar.

"Weren't you supposed to be with Taiga?" Hiiro asks me and I nod my head. "Why aren't you with him? What did he want to see you about?"

"It isn't anything important and I don't care to actually find out what he wants. Knowing me, he is going to want to marry Miyuki and be with her for the rest of his life in that creepy hospital." I shudder. "Anyways, what is going on with Emu? He's just acting odd."

Emu looks at me and smiles. "Do you want to play with me, Kara?" He grins widely and I look at him in confusion. 

Why does he remind me a lot of Parad right now? Wait...is he? No way! Masamune would have said something about that wouldn't he? Then again, he only said the Bugster was possibly still out in the world. That could mean Parad. After all, I don't know his host.

"Uh..."

"I'm going to go outside and play with Kara for a bit! Don't bother looking for us! She's going to take good care of me! I am totally fine!" Emu shouts, getting up from where he is sitting and grabbing my hand while holding the game in his free hand. "Come on, Kara!"

"Emu, you can't be dragging her off! She doesn't want this," Hiiro states.

"Hiiro, it is fine. As long as he isn't freaking out anymore because of the stress of the virus, we're good. I want the best for my patient."

"That is right. I'm her patient." Emu grins. "Come on!"

He pulls me out of the room and he looks around before pushing me against a wall. I look at him in shock, my eyes probably going as wide as possible. He laughs.

"You are so confused and shocked right now! Oh, it is so cute!" He chuckles and shoves the gaming console into his pocket before leaning in a bit. "You should be able to guess who I am if you really do love me."

"Are you really in there Parad?"

"Aw, you're correct! I'm proud of you." He leans in a bit and places Emu's lips against mine, kissing me gently. I'm not up for this at all!

I place my hands on his chest and shove him back. "Gross! Parad, why are you kissing me with his mouth? That is disgusting! I love you but I don't love the intern at all. He's just one of the people I work with and care for as my patient right now. Do you have to do all that gross PDA in his body? How did you even get in there?"

Emu is just my best friend at the CR. I may be leading him on but it isn't like how I'm leading Hiiro on. Or like how I am leading Taiga on. Taiga is still slightly suspicious of me but he has no evidence of my true personality.

"You should know the answer. You visited Masamune Dan," he states, moving closer to me once again with a laugh. "I'm sorry about the PDA but I really missed kissing you. You should be able to pretend that I'm not in this body."

"That is so not happening! Get out of him."

"No, he's stressed out. I'm releasing his stress," Parad states. "Don't worry, he won't remember this. He doesn't really remember anything I do with his body anyways." He shrugs. "If he remembers kissing you, tell him he thought it was a game."

"I will do that. I don't want him thinking he kissed me of his own free will."

"He is fun to play with like this. I should use him more for this."

"No!"

"Why not? Don't you like it?"

"Parad, it is gross." Wait a second! "How did you find out about me seeing Masamune?"