-Chapter 38

-Chapter 38: M

I lean in a bit, staring Masamune in the eyes. "I want you to tell me about something, okay?"

He looks away. "Do I have to tell you what you want to know? What good what it do you?"

"I am curious about something." I lean back and clutch my teardrop shaped necklace charm. "You would know about the Bugster Virus, right?"

"Of course I would know about the Bugster Virus. What do you want to know about it?"

"I saw someone's eyes glow. Would that mean something, Masamune?" I tilt my head a bit, still holding onto my necklace charm.

"That would mean something, I suppose."

"And?"

"What does it have to do with you?" His voice is harsh.

I release my necklace and place my right hand into my pocket, grabbing my Gashat. I pull it out and hold it up, grabbing my ID with my left hand. I hold it up, staring straight into his eyes.

"You're a nurse? I wouldn't have guessed. I guess they lowered their standards recently," he says. "So, Kara, did my son give you that Gashat?"

"He did. I stole a Prototype Gashat from him," I answer, placing it down on my lap along with my ID. "He decided to not let me suffer the consequences of using a Prototype Gashat."

"I see. I figured you were no good. How did you manage to get around him?" Masamune leans back a bit more.

"I had a little bit of help from a friend of mine. So, can you tell me why someone's eyes would glow like that? This is important to me."

He takes a breath and looks away, staring to the side. "That would be because of the Bugster in them. Bugsters have powers but I am sure you know about that since you seem to be able to fight them. The Virus is inside of them and that would mean that the virus is acting up. It could also suggest something else but I don't know too much about that since I'm stuck in here and didn't have time to look into the Virus. I know the basics of it."

"I don't fight them all the time," I reply. "If I do that, I would be putting myself in danger. I would be upsetting someone who is very dangerous. Also, thank you for the answer. It was somewhat helpful."

"I'm assuming you befriended a Bugster by how you talk about them. You don't fight them a lot, that is coming from your own words by the way, and you would be in danger if you did. Did one threaten you?"

"I wouldn't say befriended," I state.

"Then what is it?" He looks at me curiously.

"I can't say that here." If I say it here, I could probably get into trouble.

"So, it is more than friendship?" How did he jump to that conclusion? I could be teaming up with them. He is really smart. Not that he shouldn't be. He's Kuroto's father.

"Maybe."

He chuckles. "I didn't think someone would want to be like that with a Bugster. I can think of one Bugster who is out there right now. But only because I know of their existence."

"How would you know that Bugster?"

"A couple of years ago, I was involved with a surgery on someone to remove the Bugster Virus from someone. The host was separated from their Bugster. Their Bugster is out there right now living amongst everyone. Perhaps you know him."

"Perhaps..."

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Go ahead."