-Chapter 71

-Chapter 71: Turned

"Kara, wake up," someone says and I open my eyes. What is up with people ruining my sleep?

I sit up a bit and look over to the side as Hiiro sits down next to the bed. "What are you doing here? Am I worse off than we thought?" I ask. It is strange that he is randomly waking me up right now when he said he'll let me rest for a bit.

"I know I wasn't supposed to interrupt your sleep but I have someone here who wants to see you. Don't worry, it's not Cronus," Hiiro tells me, answering my question. "Do you want to see the person who wants to see you?"

I wonder who is wanting to see me. I know it isn't Kuroto or Miyuki because they'll just show up. Emu and Kiriya do that too.

"Sure," I tell him, nodding my head.

Hiiro nods and he stands up. "Come on in. She's ready to see you."

I look over at the door as the person steps in. That....this is impossible! He's dead.

"Parad!" I exclaim, trying to get up.

"Sit down, Kara," Parad orders.

"I thought you died. I saw you die," I tell him and he nods his head. "How are you even here right now? Hiiro, what is going on?"

"The Intern didn't kill him. He absorbed Parad back into him before he could fade away," Hiiro explains. "So, your lover is alive. I didn't tell him why you were in here. I figured that should be something you should explain. I only told him that you were in the hospital. Apparently the Intern told him that you were hurt so he was freaking out after they handed Cronus. It doesn't explain why you're still in the hospital though."

"What do you mean, Hiiro?" I ask. I'm so confused right now.

"Cronus did a reset to Kamen Rider Chronicle. You shouldn't be here."

"Maybe it is because it happened still but in a different way," I suggest. I look at Parad. "After you were defeated, I fell from that building we were on. I required surgery and was brought here. Hiiro saved my life and here we are now. Oh, can you leave the room for a moment? I need to tell Parad something."

"Alright, I'll go. Press the call button when you need me. I'll tell the nurses to get me if it goes off," Hiiro tells me and he turns away from me. He exits the room, leaving me with my revived lover.

"Why are you in here exactly? Shouldn't you be at home?" Parad asks me, sitting beside me in the chair Hiiro was just in.

I look him in the eyes. "We can't trust me at home because Masamune could show up there and we can't have him there. Besides, we can't have him find out..."

"Find out what?" Parad leans forward, taking my hands. "You can tell me anything, Kara."

"Parad, please don't hate me for this. I'm pregnant," I state, looking down at our hands. "I'm pregnant with Masamune's kids. My babies are twins."

"P-pregnant?"

"Think of it like spreading the virus for Bugsters, Parad. The only difference is that I'm making Humans and they grow inside of me, not another person," I answer.

"I know what that pretty much is."

I look at him. "If you want to leave me, go ahead. I'll understand."

"Does Kuroto know?"

"I told him and he took it pretty well. I'm sure he isn't happy about it and I'm sure he hates me right now but he's still at my side. He has been in and out a lot but that is probably because he can't stand being around me and he has to get rid of his father."