-Chapter 17

-Chapter 17: Preciousness

"I can't believe that I'm soaked!" Miyuki exclaims, looking down at her wet clothes. I'm pretty sure she's soaked because the world is crying over the fact I actually made the horrible choice of kissing Kuroto Dan.

"You should have brought an umbrella," I tell her, looking out the window at the falling raindrops. If I'm lucky, I won't have to see Dan today at all. I hate seeing him. And I need to learn to start calling him Kuroto like he wants me to.

"I didn't think about it because I stayed at the hospital Taiga is at."

"You actually stayed in that creepy building?" I have heard the horror stories about that place from some of his former clients. They do not like Doctor Darkness very much.

"It isn't that creepy there! Especially when Taiga is nearby," she tells me. "Kara, why are you looking outside? You look like you're upset about something." I am upset about something. It is named Kuroto Dan. He's making everything so confusing.

"Huh? Oh, don't worry about me!" I look at her and force a smile onto my face. "I'm just lost in thought because of everything that has happened so far here. It is amazing and I can't believe all that is happening here. You even know how amazing it is, right?" Got to change the subject.

"It is amazing. I have met someone who puts up with me no matter what. Not that you don't because you do...what I mean is that I met a man who has learned how to deal with me no matter what I do. Regardless if he wants me there with him or not." Knowing Taiga, he's hiding how he truly feels about Miyuki. He's the type of guy who hides his feelings, much like Hiiro.

"Hey, what are you two doing?" Hiiro asks, breaking us away from our conversation. Great! He's going to yell at us for talking when we should be sitting in silence at the desk.

"We're talking about how she's all wet from the rain," I answer, motioning at Miyuki. "She's completely soaked and she can't work like that!"

"I don't intend on letting her work like that," a voice says and I look over at the other side of us. Hey, Taiga! "Miyuki, I bought you some stuff and I found a spare outfit for you to wear today thanks to some Nurse named Yuno." He holds out the bag towards Miyuki and she takes it, staring at him in obvious awe.

"Taiga, hurry up and go before someone sees you here and questions why you are here." Hiiro sounds super angry right now. Then again, he's hates Taiga for some reason.

"I already ran into your father and I told him why I was here. I also told him that I was dating Miyuki so I can get here easily without many problems. You really want me out of this hospital." What is the issue with these two? What makes them hate each other so much?

"You deserve whatever kind of treatment I give you," Hiiro tells Taiga, possibly glaring at him. I'm too lazy to turn and look at Hiiro.

"What is going on with you two?" Miyuki asks, her voice full of confusion. She is wondering the same thing I'm wondering.

"Nothing, it is in the past," Taiga answers, staring at Miyuki. "Miyuki, thank you for leaving me lunch. You're not much of a tick now to me since you have been bringing me food to keep my energy up. Maybe you can come by and make me something for dinner."

"I will do that."

"Make sure to use the umbrella I bought you."

"I will."

"I'll go now before Hiiro goes nuts and attacks me." Taiga turns and walks away, leaving us with Mr. Douchebag Surgeon.

"Get back to work," Hiiro orders, walking around the table and heading into one of the many rooms for the patients here.